Talk

Advanced search

How long did you wait for HSG?

(8 Posts)
LaurenN23 Fri 09-Aug-19 11:35:13

I have my first appointment at the hospital on 4 September after referral from my GP. I have PCOS and don't ovulate but my DH sperm is fine.

Pretty sure the first thing they do before trying clomid is a HSG. Just wondered how long any of you had to wait from first appt to HSG and then how long you had to wait for results and another appt?

I know waiting times are different everywhere but I am counting down the hours till my first appt and just want some more clarity!!

Helena112 Fri 09-Aug-19 14:13:15

Hi! You should like your in the exact same position as me! I also have PCOS and my husbands results have come back as fine.
I had my first appointment early June. I was put on Metformin 1500mg (can't say it's done much) my HSG is next week and my follow up appointment is the 2nd of September. I'm just praying that they give me clomid on the 2nd of September!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 09-Aug-19 15:25:13

HSG waiting times in my area are no less than 90 days from referral (And I had doctors search hospital for a many mile radius)

Once you get the letter you call to book in for cycle day 7/8 no later than cycle day 9 because it must be done before ovulation as it's dangerous to do if you have conceived

LaurenN23 Fri 09-Aug-19 15:50:38

@Helena112 ooh that does sound similar! What area are you in if you don't mind me asking?

LaurenN23 Fri 09-Aug-19 15:51:24

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted oh god that's so long 😞 I dread that this might be the case. I really hope not!!

LaurenN23 Fri 09-Aug-19 15:52:41

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted also I don't know how I'm going to do the cycle day guessing, because I don't have periods! My current cycle is 145 days!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 09-Aug-19 16:09:16

They might say you have to abstain from intercourse for so many days before test to avoid any chance you might get pregnant

At mine the nurses have generally given me a thumbs up that the tubes are clear and then had a follow up formal appointment to discuss results about 4/6 weeks after that

Please be aware that the HSG test can only tell you if the tubes are blocked are not - it cannot tell if the tubes actually worked

I've had 2 HSG with perfectly clear tubes shown and still went on to have 2 ruptured ectopic pregnancies in 18 months and both tubes have had to be removed now

LaurenN23 Fri 09-Aug-19 17:29:02

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted oh my goodness that's so sad 😞 bless you xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »