Talk

Advanced search

Struggling for no reason!

(4 Posts)
beth9120 Tue 06-Aug-19 20:23:59

I wanted to start this feed because I've been trying for a baby for over a year now with no luck. We have both been tested and everything is fine. We should have no problem yet nothing has happened. I used the heading 'infertility' as this has no name. It's disheartening when you get your period each month and there is nothing worse than seeing other women's pregnancy story's. Women don't write on social media their struggles but I wanted to share that it's perfectly normal for it to take a long time for no reason what so ever. Good luck on your own journey and know your not alone.

AliceAbsolum Tue 06-Aug-19 20:51:05

Thing is unexplained means that the medics have not found what is wrong, it doesn't mean there is actually nothing wrong. I hope for you there is nothing wrong, but that's not always the case, I was "unexplained" for 3.5 years under the NHS, but it turned out I had reduced ovarian reserve in my early 30s.

beth9120 Wed 07-Aug-19 10:00:30

We went private when we got tested and got the all clear. I never thought that there could still be an issue. I'll look into it further. Thank you

2fingers22018 Sun 11-Aug-19 20:50:24

@beth9120 im unexplained also what sort of tests did they do everywheres different. Ive had my ovarian reserve checked fallopian tubes checked bloods to make sure i ovulate OH had a SA we both had STI checks an internal scan to check ovaries womb lining and hycosy dye test. The only reason i can think is that maybe we re somehow just not compatible, but try not to stress it can take over a year for a healthy couple to conceive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »