Talk

Advanced search

What are the chances of pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
Bubblegum45 Mon 22-Jul-19 19:50:42

My sister had an embryo implanted on Friday via IVF. What is the chance of a live birth? I know the odds of a live birth can vary for the whole process but the fact that she got to the implantation stage with a good quality embryo is giving all of us hope. She already has a 4 year old daughter via IVF. Any advice on her chances of another live birth would be really welcome. Thank you.

physicskate Mon 22-Jul-19 20:01:52

Varies hugely. It would be impossible for us to speculate precisely... Age? The fact that ivf has worked in the past for her can be a really positive thing.

Bubblegum45 Mon 22-Jul-19 20:20:52

She’s 36 next month.

elasticfantastic Mon 22-Jul-19 20:24:11

Depends on the reason for the infertility... the fact that it's been successful previously is good.. she can carry and I assume it had no genetic disabilities. Can't put a figure on it but she's in a good place. Good luck to her x

Bubblegum45 Mon 22-Jul-19 20:27:59

Thank you. It was male factor infertility.

chocolatebumby Mon 22-Jul-19 22:34:13

Massively depends on the clinic.

At ARGC it's probably 60%

At Exeter probably low 20s

citybumpkin Mon 22-Jul-19 22:51:45

Try this: https://w3.abdn.ac.uk/clsm/opis/. You will need a few more details from your sister e.g. number of eggs collected. I was 42, MFI, second round, 2 embryos transferred, the chances weren't that great but DD is currently asleep upstairs. It really is a lottery. Good luck to your sister!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »