Talk

Advanced search

1 year

(4 Posts)
disney91 Sun 21-Jul-19 20:45:03

So me and my husband have been trying for 1 year now and it's getting to the point where I'm struggling. People say stop trying but honestly I know I can't. Each time we are intimate all I think after is I wonder if I'm pregnant. All I see on social media is people positive stories. I guess I'm looking for people's trials and how long it took to make me feel better.

lori2019 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:07:59

@disney91 have you been to see your GP to have some tests done? It might help put your mind to rest & take away some stress. And on the other hand, if there is an issue you'll know and can start to tackle it.

disney91 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:24:18

@lori2019 I've been and had an ovulation test done but I'm my health authority you have to be trying for 2 years for any other tests

codenameduchess Mon 22-Jul-19 11:25:24

I know how hard it is @disney91 it took us 4 years to conceive DD but then 6 months for dc2.

If you haven't already go and see your GP as they can refer you both for tests and if there is anything to find you'll get help and advice. Do get yourselves along though, the initial tests you'll be offered are pretty standard. Do you track ovulation at all?

It's heartbreaking when all you see is other people getting pregnant- and you do seem to see more when ttc than any other time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »