Talk

Advanced search

What day to book beta hcg?

(7 Posts)
AliceAbsolum Sat 20-Jul-19 15:39:53

I can't stare at another shiney white BFN. I'm planning to have a blood test this cycle but advice on when seems to differ wildly. If I wanted to know 12dp5dt I'd just poas on day 9 ffs.

When did you have yours?

physicskate Sat 20-Jul-19 18:08:53

I think mine was 9dp5dt. It was a day(?) early as it was a Friday and clinic wasn't open weekends. Id already had faint bfps 5 and 6dp5dt.

AliceAbsolum Sat 20-Jul-19 18:30:56

OK that's helpful, so 14dpo in effect. So it's a 2ww from EC not transfer (which I knew, it just feels like people make it out to be post ET).

AliceAbsolum Sat 20-Jul-19 18:32:13

Hold on, so it's not actually any earlier than a urine test. I wonder if 7dp5dt bloods would be valid enough to give a result, and then again at 9 days to test progression.

LillyLeaf Sat 20-Jul-19 18:55:15

My bloods have always been 9dp5dt and I tested myself the same day too. I suppose you get a clear result by then.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 20-Jul-19 19:15:58

I had mine at 9dp5dt.

Please be aware though that progression doesn't mean much - I paid a fortune for tests this last cycle as was paranoid about another ectopic (I lost my left tube last year to a ruptured ectopic)

9dp5dt - 75.5 hcg
12dp5dt - 405 hcg so 28 hour doubling time
17dp5dt - 3648 hcg so again about 34hrs doubling

Thought great! Really fast doubling I'm low/zero risk for ectopic (ectopic usually have slow hcg rises)

4 days later had scan at 5+5 - saw a heartbeat but baby was ectopic - right tube ruptured that evening and was also removed

LillyLeaf Sat 20-Jul-19 19:25:40

I agree, don't focus on the numbers, I've had great numbers after both transfers and miscarried both times.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »