Talk

Advanced search

IVF success stories after multiple attempts

(7 Posts)
findingmyfeet12 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:47:53

I'm due to start my sixth IVF cycle in September after also having 3 IUIs and trying clomid too.

Do any of you have success stories after multiple attempts?

I'm just feeling a bit down and tired and wanted to feel a bit more motivated.

I know it might be giving myself false hope but perhaps one or two of you might be willing to share your story nevertheless?

Misty999 Sat 20-Jul-19 13:30:52

Hi

Yes 7 icsi cycles number 4 cancelled before EC poor response plus 1 IUI. Cycles 5-7 were back to back natural freeze all with create. DS was the best embryo FET from cycle 7, cycle 5 yielded no embryos and we have two on ice from cycle 6.

Not sure what your issues are we had MF and low AMH high FSH. Plus immune issues.

Good luck with ur cycle x

findingmyfeet12 Sat 20-Jul-19 15:38:24

We don't seem to have any issues. The dr isn't able to identify any problems.

Last time the embryos were of poor quality so he's going to freeze them at day 1 this time and transfer at day 3.

lulahbelle Sat 20-Jul-19 16:35:02

I did 7 cycles/transfers - a mixture of fresh and frozen. 4 were BFNs, one ended in a missed miscarriage, one ended in an ectopic and the seventh ended in a BFP which has (so far) stuck - am now 16+2.

Multiple failures are heartbreaking and I’d never tell someone to just keep going because everyone has their own point where enough is enough, but I would say that multiples failures don’t mean it won’t ever work so you should definitely still have hope.

We did ICSI because of male factor issues, but also had low AMH and immune issues.

I really hope this next cycle is your lucky one 🤞🏻

Lauren83 Sun 21-Jul-19 09:19:20

My son is from my 5th cycle

Own egg BFN
Own egg cancelled
Donor egg BFN
Donor egg Miscarriage
Donor egg 18 month old DS

Gretal81 Sun 21-Jul-19 23:17:46

hi @findingmyfeet12 - thanks for starting this thread.
I'll also be starting my 6th IVF cycle with my next bleed, so know what you are going through. I had 5 iui cycles too. Any hope, false or otherwise, is welcome at this point! I can't offer success stories yet, but just to say you are not alone xx

@Lauren83, if you don't mind me asking for your DE cycles, were cycles 2/3 fresh or FET's? Congratulations on your DS! and thank you to @lulahbelle and @Misty999 for sharing your stories too xx

Lauren83 Sun 21-Jul-19 23:21:06

Thankyou! They were all fresh, have never had an FER as never had any frozen until the last cycle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »