Talk

Advanced search

Transfer today. Who's with me?

(150 Posts)
Whatelsecouldibecalled Thu 18-Jul-19 19:36:11

Anyone else had transfer today and want to share the hell of two week wait??

Nan0second Thu 18-Jul-19 19:43:53

Me.
Urgh!

FingersXssd83 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:49:23

I'm with you in hell. Felt fantastic 1dp3dt, was an anxious mess 2dp3dt and now 3dp3dt and couldn't give a shit as I don't think it will ever work and want to get back to normality.

Had a few belly flutters last night, and a few and pains today. I know the worse is still to come on my second week though...

What have you got planned to get you through it and will you test before OTD? 😬 xx

Nan0second Thu 18-Jul-19 20:13:25

Work and more work to get through. Am eating a lot of junk (normally have a healthy diet)
My test date will be 14days post day 5 frozen transfer. I’ve never tested early before and I don’t have any other tests in the house so I probably won’t again.
We have one frozen blast left after this. I’m not sure I can survive this again though

FingersXssd83 Thu 18-Jul-19 21:11:01

How many cycles and transfers have you done @Nan0second?

This is our third cycle, other two were blast single and then double fresh transfers. Both BFN. No frosties both times.

This cycle we froze 4 embies on day three. Had two FETs put back on Tues. If they don't work, we'll put the other two back in Oct.

Whatelsecouldibecalled Thu 18-Jul-19 21:15:15

Welcome everyone!

@nan0second have you had transfer today? Hope it went ok.

@FingersXssd83 we’re on another thread together I think! When is OTD for you?

It’s been a roller coaster day for me. Our first embryo didn’t survive the thaw process so had to thaw another one. Was gutted but glad we got there in the end.

I’m a teacher and break up tomorrow so planning on not doing much! We have just booked a mini break cruise next week which I hope will at least take my mind off it for a bit!

Nan0second Fri 19-Jul-19 08:32:41

Fresh transfer was missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
Frozen transfer resulted in my DD now 4.
Then frozen transfer yesterday
We have one frozen blast left that isn’t great quality.
To be fair, I’m very happy as a family of three but my husband remains intensely broody so I have agreed that we will do single embryo transfers of our remaining Frosties. Then no more treatment.
This round has hit me hard though and I can’t face another as things stand. I’m not thinking about that for now though

Whatelsecouldibecalled Fri 19-Jul-19 09:14:40

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mc @nan0second but huge congratulations on your little girl. I hope this frostie is also successful for you.

I’ve just got a really upset tummy. Lots of wind and the runs 🙈 is this just the drugs??!

Nan0second Fri 19-Jul-19 13:29:51

@Whatelsecouldibecalled
I’m blaming the drugs as I’m very similar!

FingersXssd83 Fri 19-Jul-19 16:41:11

I know it might not feel like it to you @Nan0second but 2/2 implantation and 1 live birth is very encouraging. This journey can hit you horribly. We have friends who have their two children from their first round... hopefully that will be you too!

What cycle are you on @Whatelsecouldibecalled? So sorry your frosties didn't make it, did you freeze on day 5? Your mini cruise sounds fab and just the trick to take your mind off things (as well as a long summer holiday!).

I've had a very stressful day at work again today and now I'm off for a few days. I'm sure this stress can't be helping! No symptoms for me today unfortunately at 3dp3dt - wishing there was something to grasp on to!

Nan0second Fri 19-Jul-19 18:45:29

@FingersXssd83 I totally agree. A 100% pregnancy rate and 50% child rate from 7 pcos eggs is amazing. I do know how lucky we were (and it was nhs funded).
Only time will tell now...

Whatelsecouldibecalled Fri 19-Jul-19 23:22:52

@FingersXssd83 sorry your day was so stressful. Hopefully a few days off will help! Yes we froze 4 at day 5 and 1 at day 6. I guess it’s just unlucky

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sat 20-Jul-19 09:11:59

How we doing today? I’m 2dp5dt and got wind now but no more runs! And a bit of mild cramping!!

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sat 20-Jul-19 09:19:55

Strike that tummy STILL upset!!! Surely it’s the drugs now and not nerves as I thought!!

FingersXssd83 Sat 20-Jul-19 11:50:42

Eek sorry to hear about your tummy - we're on that many drugs it's hard to know what causes these things! Cramping must be a good sign though @Whatelsecouldibecalled :-)

We went to a festival last night. Drove for nearly an hour to get there. Arrived and it was full of families and people enjoying 'normal lives'. We lasted 20mins until I broke my heart sobbing and we came straight home. I felt really lost and out of place. We're supposed to be going today and tomorrow but after hardly any sleep last night from anxiety, not sure I can hack another try.

I'm 4dp3dt now and have no symptoms at all. Don't believe this has worked. DH is trying to keep me positive, but I'm really struggling since yesterday xx

lpk1087 Sat 20-Jul-19 12:27:28

Hi ladies
Newbie to the thread (hope you don't mind me popping in!)
I'm 3dp5dt and am starting to go stir crazy. Symptoms are messing with my mind and I keep reminding myself that it could all be progesterone!
Hope you are all doing ok??
Baby dust and luck to you all xx

FingersXssd83 Sat 20-Jul-19 15:37:03

Welcome @lpk1087! What are you doing to keep you busy and when's you're OTD? Also, what symptoms are you having? Good luck! xxx

lpk1087 Sat 20-Jul-19 17:04:13

Thanks @FingersXssd83
Symptoms are the same as many listed here, slight cramping, dodgy tummy, wind and sore boobs. I'm trying to ignore them but as you all know it's impossible smile

This is our 4th transfer (although we have also had two frozen attempts cancelled on the day) we've ever had. Our second last year was a BFP which sadly resulted in a late miscarriage/pre term labour at 16 weeks.

Really hoping this is our time now, have one frostie and don't want to ever do another full cycle again!

Which clinic are you ladies at? X

lpk1087 Sat 20-Jul-19 17:05:52

Oh and jigsaw puzzles and Netflix have been wonderful distractions to date!

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sat 20-Jul-19 17:41:23

I have 0 symptoms. The cramping is when I need to loo. That is it!!! Surely it’s too early yet. 🤷‍♀️

FingersXssd83 Sun 21-Jul-19 08:13:16

I'm at Care Mcr. Think the sore boobs are a really good sign @lpk1087! I've never had them or a BFP. So sorry to hear about your MC, that must have been horrendous to go through.

I'm with you @Whatelsecouldibecalled in the no symptom crew. You do hear of people getting BFPs with no symptoms, but I'm 99% sure I'm out - I'd expect to feel something at 5dp3dt :/

My test day is 31 July... just want to get it all over with now.

lpk1087 Sun 21-Jul-19 09:00:56

@FingersXssd83 I'm at Care Northampton. Do they have you on the nasty utrogestan too?

Last year when I got my BFP i was absolutely certain I was out, I remember crying and then deciding that I was going to go and buy a bottle of wine. I tested the next day (6dp5dt) and got a BFP. Don't count yourself out so early lovely, although I totally understand as I am going through similar emotions myself (it's easier to give advice than take it ey?!)

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sun 21-Jul-19 09:07:49

@FingersXssd83 @ipk1087 looks like we are team care. I’m at care in Sheffield. Yes on 4 utrogestan a day. If I’m honest so far not found them too bad in terms of the mess. However think they are upsetting my tummy!

@FingersXssd83 we have the same rest day x

Nan0second Sun 21-Jul-19 13:34:26

Care Nottingham
Also test date 31st July
I hate hate hate the utrogestan. I’m having to have some of the progynova vaginally too so I’m messy, sore and feel disgusting all the time and it wakes me in the night 🙄

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sun 21-Jul-19 14:53:45

Definitely team care!!

Ooh me you @Nan0second and @FingersXssd83 all together 🤞🤞

Sorry your having a rough time @Nan0second it’s grim. How come you’re having to do progynova vaginally? No wonder you’re sore 😫 how much utrogestan you on?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »