Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant ?

(3 Posts)
joaj12 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:44:41

Me and my partner have been trying over a year now and like clockwork my AF arrives (occasionally a day out). I started getting sore abdominal pains on my right side and lower back pains. Occasionally the pain would be from the left side but never left & right together. Bottom of my neck and shoulder tips were also really sore yesterday but that lasted maybe 30 mins.
I phoned NHS24 (on Monday) about my symptoms as by this point I was testing BFN but still 4 days late. They told me to go to A&E. I have a urine sample- BFN. But had lots of white cells in urine so had an infection. I also had a temperature. The nurse couldn't really help with anything else as she didn't know much about it- don't want to slag the NHS as they're amazing but when I'm told to go in incase I'm having an ectopic pregnancy to be told it's a fever and she couldn't help with my abdominal or back pain was! (Ectopic pregnancy was ruled out as I had a BFN test- thank goodness)
I'm now 6 days late. Cramping still there but not as bad and I'm not taking a test yet.
I ovulated earlier this month so not quite at the 15 days... thinking it's implantation pains!
Chances I'm pregnant or just a very late period ??
( I've got the gynaecologist tomorrow so hopefully find out then but I just don't want to go in too hopeful!) any help & advice appreciated x

KitKat1985 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:50:28

To be honest if you are testing 4 days late and you are getting BFNs it's pretty unlikely you are pregnant.

Most likely your recent infection has left you with various aches and pains and thrown your period cycle out of whack.

Sorry. flowers

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 17-Jul-19 08:29:28

It could have been a very early chemical pregnancy (very faint positive 9DPO but negative after that) - I've had one and it pushed my period out by about 6/7 days

They told you to go to A&e because shoulder tip pain is symptomatic of an ectopic although I've had two - both ruptured and so I know that you have to have massive amounts of internal bleeding before you get to the point of shoulder pain so you would know it's ectopic way before then because it's horrendously painful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »