Talk

Advanced search

How do you stay positive through this?

(5 Posts)
Scottish80 Sun 07-Jul-19 16:50:44

Hi I’m 38 and struggling to cope with this 6 year living hell of infertility. We’ve got to the point my eggs are poor quality now and the next steps are egg donation.

I’m hoping to turn this around now. My mood more than anything, while waiting on an egg donor I’m fed up waiting and looking at a new hobby or interest other than completely focus on TTC!

Does anyone have anything that’s worked for them so far during this hellish journey? Any positive ideas / stories welcome. Really want to get back to my happy self again so badly.

Thanks for reading and 🤗 to you all x

Academictime Sun 07-Jul-19 19:36:41

I know how u feel after struggling for so long. I don’t know if you are a fan of the outdoors etc but I found being outside walking in nature and tennis really helped. Gosh, I sound so dull and middle-aged! 38 too!

Scottish80 Sun 07-Jul-19 21:10:13

Thank you so much for your reply @Academictime! Yeah I like walking a anfd used to run too so thinking about getting back into it! I love watching tennis and it’s something I’ve always wanted to participate in..just tricky trying to understand some of the points scoring 🤷🏼‍♀️ Do you play for a club? Yeh we’re old 🤣 maybe knitting could be an option next 🤣

Academictime Mon 08-Jul-19 06:44:34

Yes, knitting maybe more appropriate! Or bowls?! I’ve had to move house so not right at moment actually. But def again in future. I’ve heard running is a good way of clearing the mind.

Ferretyface Mon 22-Jul-19 06:45:23

Hello. I'm old too! Not only did I turn 39 this year but (all being well!) it turns out this is followed by turning 40 next year. The cheek of it!

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Wishing you all the best. But if exercise/knitting doesn't work and you start to really feel low (as I did) I would say there's nothing like speaking to a counsellor to get the support you need during tough times.

But perhaps that's just because I suck at running! wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »