Talk

Advanced search

Any one used vitex??

(7 Posts)
tigerlily Fri 05-Jul-19 22:14:56

Hi everyone
I've recently started using vitex after my doctor diagnosing me with low progesterone. I've been trying to conceive this time around for 6 months with no success.

Was wondering if anyone has used vitex to help them conceive with the view of fixing their hormone imbalance.
Any success stories?

I sort of self diagnosed and tried it before finding out our actual issue (... Not my finest idea) and it actually messed up my cycle for a few months, even after I stopped taking it. So I'd be cautious, unlike me!

tigerlily Wed 04-Sep-19 19:16:43

I've been using vitex now for 3 cycles and I've ovulated every cycle. I confirm ovulation by tempting. So I feel its helped. Only down side I've gained a little weight.

That's great! Hope it gets you the BFP smile

Sylva123 Thu 05-Sep-19 21:24:19

I have very short cycles and low progesterone. I used vitex for a year and my cycles did get a bit longer and I think it helped with PMS etc in general, but I still haven't fallen pregnant. I stopped using it last month because I was scared it might throw the tests out for IVF if we go down that route. I don't know what to do! I was also worried that I'd get pregnant, stop taking it and then the progesterone might dip and I might miscarriage! Probably over thinking it

tigerlily Sun 08-Sep-19 23:36:09

Are you ovulating on your own without vitex?
Have you looked into natural progesterone cream. You use it from ovulation until your period is due. If you get a bfp then continue to use it until your out of your first trimester.

Sylva123 Mon 09-Sep-19 10:17:42

Thanks Tiger lily. I looked for progesterone cream last year but could only find stuff imported in from the USA. Where do you get it?
I don't know if I'm ovulating - I always thought I was (there were follicles on the scan pre ovulation, I get positive ovulation tests with clear blue, cycles to tend to be 25 days) but the progesterone was so low it looks like I didn't ovulate, so we're now looking at clomid. I just get scared with any natural remedy that it'll work to get me pregnant and then I don't know if it's safe to use it when pregnant or if it'll cause a miscarriage to stop. It's good to know about the cream. I definitely felt better when taking vitex. I'm starting temping again this month too, to check ovulation.
How is it going on vitex for you??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »