Talk

Advanced search

Help with Clomid!

(7 Posts)
KatyJohn Thu 04-Jul-19 07:25:30

Have been TTC for 16 months and this is my first cycle of using Clomid. I am currently on CD28.

I believe I ovulated around CD19 (from OPK and BBT tracking). I had a progesterone test done on CD25 and it was 50 suggesting ovulation.

On CD23-25 had some very (very) minor brown spotting. however on CD 26&27 had more prominent spotting - haven’t had to use a panty liner or anything and it’s mainly only when I go to the bathroom. Cd26 was bright red and since has been brown.

I am not sure that this is my period because it’s very different to normal (I usually have quite full flow periods), it was going on when my progesterone level was high and it seems too early to be a period. But I also don’t think it’s implantation bleeding as it’s been going on too many days and the colour/look isn’t consistent with what I’ve read.

I am worried that if it is my period, I need to start taking my next round of clomid and I don’t want to miss out on taking it this cycle.

Anyone had a similar situation and any advice?! Thank you

Kelly199 Thu 04-Jul-19 08:37:57

@KatyJohn I've never had any spotting before my af on clomid to know what to advise.
I would've thought possible implantation, but as you said with the bright red bleeding, I don't think it could be that, but I really don't know!
Sorry I'm not much help, but didn't want to read and run!
Are you able to speak to the consultant who prescribed it to you to ask what they think? You don't want to miss your chance of taking the next cycle of clomid if it is your af? X

KatyJohn Thu 04-Jul-19 21:28:49

Thank you @Kelly199. I called to speak to the consultant today and he wanted to wait for the second progesterone test I had done which was CD27 (yesterday). I got it late today and it was 35 so still seems to high for this spotting to be a period.

Marmite83 Thu 04-Jul-19 23:00:16

Have you done a test? Clomid can thin your lining so your af could be lighter because of that but I wouldn't imagine it would be as light as you've described. My af has gone from 4 heavy days down to 2 heavy days followed by very light flow since starting Clomid. Feel free to join us on the Clomid thread 2019 V2 if you'd like to. Lots of lovely ladies on there and great for asking questions like this

KatyJohn Fri 05-Jul-19 06:54:32

@Marmite83 no I haven’t partly because I think it might be too early and partly because when I haven’t done one I still have that little bit of hope that it will be positive!

Letthemysterybe Fri 05-Jul-19 07:05:09

Are you still temping? What does your chart look like?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 05-Jul-19 16:18:01

I would not use OPKs at all with clomid because this drug treatment can affect the efficacy of such things. Clomid's main job is to make the ovaries work harder and produce more luteinising hormone. The kit may well be reading this so giving you a false result.

They have measured progesterone but have they checked your LH and FSH levels on day 2 of the cycle?. At this stage as well you are well beyond using temp charts and I would refrain from doing this as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »