Talk

Advanced search

FET - what are timelines till testing day?

(4 Posts)
Kitkat369 Fri 28-Jun-19 20:36:46

We are having a freeze all ivf session due to my endometriosis, egg collection will be later next month. Later the frozen embryo will go back in as fet. I tried to get ideaon timelines from nurse but she was very vague and I’m just wondering for those who’ve had a frozen embryo transfer when did they start in their cycle and from when were they given their test day.

LillyLeaf Fri 28-Jun-19 21:32:09

It depends on your protocol really. I started down reg on cd21, had Af 13 days later, then a baseline scan, had to down reg for another week, then started patches, 21 days later was the transfer with a 5day blastocyst, OTD was 9dpt. So it was 6-7 weeks from first injection to testing.

Ginger1982 Fri 28-Jun-19 21:59:55

I've never really understood all the protocol acronyms!! I had egg collection and then had to take pessaries for 8 days. When I stopped the pessaries I was allowed to use my withdrawal bleed to then start to prepare for the FET ie start injections etc. There was roughly 5 weeks between collection day and transfer day.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 29-Jun-19 04:30:54

I did non medicated transfers so I had egg collection January 29th and FET March 13th so about 6 weeks - it depends on how quick you get your periods back. I did short protocol ivf so mine came back straight away. Many people on long protocol take much longer to get their periods back. You have to have one normal one before FET. The post egg collection bleed is not a period.

From FET my official test day was 9dp5dt

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »