Talk

Advanced search

Exhaustion after an IVF cycle?

(5 Posts)
movingshapes Wed 26-Jun-19 18:17:34

Hi everyone,

I've just finished my first cycle of IVF (donor conception). I'm two weeks since egg retrieval - and I'm finding myself absolutely Cream-Crackered. Like so so exhausted, and also quite emotional.

I'm not pregnant - the embryo transfer was postponed because I developed ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome - which is somewhat better now.

I know there's a lot going on - physical/hormonal/end of a busy period - I just didn't expect this utter exhaustion!!
I wondered if other people got this and how long they took to recuperate?

thanks...

JoMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Jun-19 16:29:48

Hi @movingshapes, we're just giving this thread a bump for you - hopefully some Mumsnetters will be along shortly with some advice and support. brew

orangefolly Fri 28-Jun-19 16:40:45

Hi @movingshapes sorry you are feeling rough. Yes it's quite an ordeal for your body to go through, especially if you've had OHSS. I also wouldn't discount the emotional impact of going through that rollercoaster - it can make you feel tired, depressed and withdrawn. Maybe consider a counselling session or two and check in with the doc if you don't start feeling better flowers

Whatelsecouldibecalled Fri 28-Jun-19 19:48:38

Yep I hear ya! I felt utter exhausted after we had to freeze a due to OHSS. Not only is the OHSS grim and takes it’s toll but also the hormones etc takes a while to settle down. I started to feel more normal after 4 weeks after egg collection. Physically felt Better after 3 weeks but hormones took longer to settle down.

I hope you start to feel better soon. It’s so bloody tough!!!

movingshapes Sun 30-Jun-19 20:17:23

Thanks all..... appreciate the responses.

@whatelsecouldibecalled - really reassuring to hear your timelines

And if I'm not getting better in a few more weeks I think I will check in with the doc!

x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »