Talk

Advanced search

Proceive Max: the taste, the godforsaken taste!

(5 Posts)
SallyMischievo Wed 26-Jun-19 12:29:26

Is there any way to make these sachets more bearable? Day two and I have wanted to throw up both mornings. Just mixing with water at the moment, would juice be better or just make it even more chalky and foul?!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 26-Jun-19 20:12:15

I've been taking these for about 4 months now and maybe I'm weird but I actually like the taste! 🤣 - your not taking them with plain water are you??? ALWAYS pour into juice - I find Ribena the best! I did try natural orange juice and apple juice when I didn't have any squashes in the cupboard but it took ages to dissolve

Definitely persevere though - after over a year with zero BFPs and a failed cycle of ivf which showed poor than expected egg quality 6 weeks after starting Proceive Max (plus 200mg coq10 daily) I got a BFP - ended in miscarriage but I'm feeling a lot more hopeful!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 26-Jun-19 20:13:10

I think it even says on the packet that it's best to dissolve into juice so I don't think they envisage you taking these with just water

Wesstywoo Wed 26-Jun-19 20:13:20

@SallyMischievo yes orange juice makes it much more bearable! Still just as chalky though - and a lot of it seems to stay stuck to the glass!

SallyMischievo Wed 26-Jun-19 21:55:22

Thank you, both! I will give Ribena - and orange juice - a go! Another unpleasant side effect is the day-glo wee - it looks radioactive! I will grit my teeth and persevere. Thank you again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »