Talk

Advanced search

Left blocked tube after extremely painful HSG

(7 Posts)
ChicaXS Tue 25-Jun-19 18:04:02

Hey ladies

So I just had my HSG earlier this morning and my god.... it was extremely painful. Don’t want to scare anyone (sorry) but make sure your prepared. I took two strong painkillers and it didn’t make a difference.

Bad news is my left tube is blocked (most likely the reason of my pain). I’m feeling really deflated as my right ovary is full of cysts (PCOS) and my left fallopian is completely blocked. ivf seems like the only option now. Really depressed today sad. Did anyone get pregnant naturally with one working tube and PCOS?

I’m on the waiting list for IVF, just so scared it won’t work out for me.

physicskate Tue 25-Jun-19 19:05:22

Is it pcos or just polycystic ovaries, which are found in about 30% of women?

A blocked tube reduces your chances each cycle by about 30% (not the expected 50%).

The good news is that blocked tubes is what ivf was invented for!

Ohrobin Tue 25-Jun-19 19:08:15

Hello! Wanted to share my positive news. I have a blocked right fallopian tube. I had my HSG in March. Fell pregnant next month! I'm almost 12 weeks now. I also have endometriosis. I wonder if the HSG helped clear out any small blockages in my other tube! I also had a fertility massage that cycle and use castor oil packs! My next step was Surgery followed by IVF.

Wishing you all the best!

Ohrobin Tue 25-Jun-19 19:08:54

Sorry forgot to say they also said I had PCOS but without cysts. Just based on hormone levels.

ChicaXS Tue 25-Jun-19 19:22:03

@physicskate it’s PCOS full scale. My right ovary is more cystic then my left. I suffer from most of the symptoms including irregular periods. What’s intriguing is after researching causes of blocked tubes, I’ve never been diagnosed with PID or caught STD in my life. The only common symptom is endometriosis which I’ve not been diagnosed with. I’ve never miscarried or aborted either as I’ve never been pregnant. I am really interested to see what the reason is? I’m 36 and TTC #1 been trying for 18 months with no luck.

@Ohrobin that’s great news and congratulations! I’m so happy for you! I was told not to have sex this cycle until my next cycle. I hope they provide me with clomid to. I’m not a fan of the laparoscopy procedure.

BeaCat Wed 26-Jun-19 09:45:26

I had a hycosy too which revealed I had both tubes blocked. OMG was it painful!! everyone said it wasn't that bad so I wasn't prepared.

I also have no idea why my tubes are blocked. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy and the surgeon said that they looked like straws that had been pinched in the middle. I then went on to have another lap and got both tubes removed. So IVF is the only way I can conceive now. My first round resulted in one embryo which ended with an early MMC. So hopefully starting a second round in a couple of months.

It's so hard to go through and I felt my situation has just been so long winded but just trying to be optimistic. Really hope things work out for you 😊x

VenusStarr Wed 26-Jun-19 20:55:17

I'm sorry you had a painful hsg experience @ChicaXS. I had mine a couple of weeks ago and they had to stop as I was in so much pain. One of my tubes may be blocked as the dye didn't come out but not 100% I'm not due to see the consultant until September, got to have a hysteroscopy in August as I have loads of fibroids that they're possibly going to try and remove.

When are you next seeing your consultant? Be kind to yourself flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »