Talk

Advanced search

Sperm testing results, how long did you wait?

(8 Posts)
Illdoitinabit Tue 25-Jun-19 15:29:34

Just the above really! Hubby took a sample in May to a NHS fertility clinic, they told him results would be 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks is now. As standard he'd also have another test done which we've had the appointment for 8 weeks after the first. Still not had the results of his test though, how long did others wait? I can't go back to my doctors and be referred until we've had his results.

I don't know if I should just give up and go private, I wanted to exhaust the NHS first, we both work full time and contribute so feel we deserve a chance of using the NHS however I'm just so fed up of waiting. We've been TTC since March 2018.

msmith501 Tue 25-Jun-19 16:01:12

Less than one week for us in Lancashire

ChicaXS Tue 25-Jun-19 19:54:27

My DH went private - it cost 160 and got the results on the same day. He also did NHS 3 weeks ago. We’re still waiting. They did say it takes 21 days. It’s good to get it done every 3 months. Diet and alcohol changes make a difference!

Whatelsecouldibecalled Tue 25-Jun-19 20:48:33

NHS for us and 3 weeks each time. (4 in total) I would be chasing it now if you haven’t heard anything

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 20:54:07

Couple of days for us in South Wales on nhs

msmith501 Tue 25-Jun-19 23:24:17

I think your results will have been ready within a few hours. Sperm dies and deteriorates quickly once it's ejaculated so all tests will have been carried out expeditiously. The delay in my experience is down to poor communication and nothing medical .

Kelly199 Wed 26-Jun-19 07:15:34

@msmith501 totally agree.
@Illdoitinabit they told us they have to do tests straight away that's why there's a certain timeframe you've got to do it and get it there, but we couldn't have them for a couple of days after then because she told us there's more tests that they carry out the following morning and the extra day I suppose was just them sending notes to gp etc. Which didn't take long as they're all online now I think.
I'd give them a call today because they should be back now x

Illdoitinabit Wed 26-Jun-19 07:33:33

Thanks all, I'll get hubby to give them a call. All this waiting is just so frustrating. I try my hardest to remain positive and patient but some days are harder then others.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »