Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone Pessaries.... thoughts

(3 Posts)
LouLouB1987 Tue 25-Jun-19 11:18:08

SO....very briefly. We started IVF in March/April. The first fresh egg transfer stuck but unfortunately we lost it at 5 weeks

We have 1 frozen embryo left but wanted to take a few months break in between. Just casually still TTC.

I have quite a few of the progesterone pessaries left and wonder if any one has tried them during natural conception? I've read that they are sometimes prescribed anyway and one of my issues was a thinner lining...?

Thoughts anyone? Do I just give it a go?! X

Persipan Tue 25-Jun-19 12:39:21

Progesterone doesn't thicken your lining, iirc - it's more about maintaining a pregnancy until the placenta establishes itself. I definitely wouldn't recommend taking any medication not under medical supervision.

LouLouB1987 Tue 25-Jun-19 12:49:46

Thanks @Persipan - they are stated to cause the uterine lining or endometrium to thicken and are, in some cases, prescribed for conception. They were given to me before the embryo transfer to build up ready to receive as opposed to after the positive test but I know they are also used to maintain in other circumstances.

I will perhaps ask the GP / clinic to clarify.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »