Talk

Advanced search

Difficult embryo transfer FET IVF

(5 Posts)
Fifigo89 Wed 19-Jun-19 08:25:12

Hi, ive recently had a failed FET. I had a difficult embryo transfer due to how my uterus lies, ive just had a mock transfer ready for my next cycle which has made me feel worse. She did it alot faster but caused me to bleed afterwards. Im worried that this will always cause my embryos to fail and theres no hope left? Anyone had a similar issue and had successful outcome?

Zest11 Wed 19-Jun-19 17:04:54

Could you ask for your cervix to be dilated in advance of your next transfer or will that not help/make things easier?

AnnaSteen Thu 20-Jun-19 08:41:40

I have a difficult structure too and am put under anesthetic similar to egg collection for my embryo transfer. The Dr did mock transfer under anesthetic and that went fine then proper transfer too. I was only under for around 15 mins so I guess being knocked out helps them concentrate without me being in pain or trying to accommodate me.

Annab1983 Thu 20-Jun-19 09:14:37

Sorry about your last FET op.. My most recent ET was very difficult the doctor couldn’t understand it and couldn’t even tell me why as no issues previously! It took many painful attempts with several different speculums.. blush but we got there in the end and I got my bfp smile my clinic put a scanner on the tummy to show the flash of liquid and embryo going in the right place, can you ask yours to do this for reassurance so even if it’s a tricky procedure you know all ends up where it should be? Best of luck!

Plsnomorepeppapig Wed 26-Jun-19 07:59:06

All my transfers have been awful - they’ve found it hard to find my cervix and when they did they had to clamp it open - I needed gas and air to knock me out. I’ve had 2 successful pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »