Talk

Advanced search

IVF Long Protocol June/July

(11 Posts)
maybebabie Tue 18-Jun-19 19:59:55

Hi!

I am just starting my first round of IVF at Bourn Hall and wondered if anyone was on a similar timeline?!

I have started OCP, I haven't had my schedule through yet but I was told it would be 2 weeks OCP, 2 weeks buserelin, then 10-14 days stimming.

So looking at egg collection in 6ish weeks, end of July early August.

Please say hi!!

Xx

IceCreamSummer Wed 19-Jun-19 21:54:42

Hi maybebabie I started last week on Synarel nasal spray and will start Gonal F in a couple of weeks time. I think I’ll be a couple of weeks ahead of you for egg collection.

I’m terrified and excited at the same time! Trying hard not to get my hopes too high and be realistic though.

hgdg2018 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:36:24

Hi,
I start my Bureslin on Sunday! Downreg scan 9th July! V excited but v nervous!

IceCreamSummer Mon 24-Jun-19 08:41:47

How did it go with the injection last night hgdg2018?

hgdg2018 Mon 24-Jun-19 08:58:24

@IceCreamSummer (it won't let me tag you?)

They went OK actually. I've decided to do them in the mornings rather than at night! Gets it out of the way then. They're not as bad as I thought they were going to be! (Not sure what I expected as this is our first round) and I don't have to currently take anything else except Buserelin and then change to Gonal F!

It's all very nerve-racking but our nurse said to take it one day and one step at a time so that's what I'm doing and not thinking too much about what's to come!

IceCreamSummer Tue 25-Jun-19 21:26:18

It’s hard not to think about it too much though isn’t it. Are you experiencing any side effects from the Buserelin hgdg2018? I start the Gonal F injections a week Friday.

hgdg2018 Wed 26-Jun-19 09:09:50

I don't think I've got any yet, I've not been sleeping properly so I don't think if that can be one? I don't know how long it would take to have any side effects?! The nurse said some people don't have them at all! It's strange from what I've read that everybody's treatment is really different! @IceCreamSummer

Hello! I'm on the down reg for my cycle 2, nafarelin, been on for 7 days so far. Good luck to everyone!

hgdg2018 Mon 01-Jul-19 10:40:37

@Calmandacupoflemonbalm not heard of nafarelin?! Is it the same as the Buserelin? 1 week until my downreg scan so hoping it's doing what it's supposed to be doing!! smile

It's synarel. Not quite the same but does the same job I think!

hgdg2018 Tue 09-Jul-19 14:02:35

How is everyone getting on? Had my downreg scan this morning and all ok and doing what it's supposed to! Start my Gonal F on thursday and 2 scans next week to make sure thats working ok xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »