Talk

Advanced search

My amazing DH.

(5 Posts)
Whatelsecouldibecalled Sun 16-Jun-19 18:19:22

Looking at my beautiful kind funny lovely DH and thinking its shit for him today. Our Facebook feed is full of his friends/wives of friends posting about Father’s Day and 4 years down the line he’s still not a Dad. My heart breaks for him. He soldiering on as normal but I can’t help think when will it be his turn?!

Ozziewozzie Sun 16-Jun-19 18:26:52

And how lovely of you feel this way for your husband.
So many have grown up without a dad in this world and too often a mum. It can be devestating for kids even as they grow into adults. I so wish fertility was far easier for those who so desperately want to cherish a child and their role as parents.
Fingers and toes crossed for you both (stupid gesture I know, but intended well) x

twinkledag Sun 16-Jun-19 18:46:06

Lots of love to you and your DH, he deserves to be a dad and I hope your time will come soon.

Whatelsecouldibecalled Sun 16-Jun-19 18:47:56

Thank you both. We are in the throes of IVF so hopefully soon but it’s still so hard

JeNeBaguetteRien Mon 17-Jun-19 13:41:40

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, DH would be a really fantastic father, he's so great with everyone's kids and just an all round fabulous person (I know I'm biased but he is!).
It gets harder to put on a brave face 😔.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »