Talk

Advanced search

EMBRYO TRANSFER AND CLEXANE

(6 Posts)
TryingSpain Mon 10-Jun-19 14:59:51

Hi I'm looking for your thoughts on this. I've just had FET today in Spain and Dr has prescribed Clexane 40mg once daily. This is my 4th Ivf attempt overall and just to give history. Cycle No 2 I did not take Clexane even though it was added to protocol and reason being I'd had a brain haemorrhage a few years ago and was waiting on my neuro coming back to confirm if safe. Anyhoo this cycle resulted in BFP but sadly. stopped developing at 9 weeks. Cycle number 3 I decided to take the Clexane as Neuro said would be safe but that resulted in BFN. So.... My dilemma is do I take it?!?

Praiseyou Mon 10-Jun-19 18:31:46

From what I understand of Clexane, it is used to help prevent miscarriage rather than helping to get a woman pregnant so I wouldn't associate your bfn with the use of Clexane.

I have used it on my successful ivf cycle (and live birth).

The decisions around IVF are so difficult but if you trust your consultant for ivf, I would trust him for this decision.

TryingSpain Mon 10-Jun-19 19:31:35

Thank you @praiseyou that helps 😊 you're right the decision making is tough. Especially when you have 2 consultants in different clinics with differing views. I attend a UK clinic for monitoring etc so this is a challenge when you're faced with having to make the decision yourself really.

mouse1234567 Mon 10-Jun-19 20:25:55

Hi -my clinic prescribes it to everyone to reduce miscarriages so I guess they must think ya a good idea? Good luck with your IVF.

Praiseyou Mon 10-Jun-19 20:53:42

Oh different advice from two consultants is tough!

Like mouse, my clinic prescribes it for everyone so I guess I'm just used to it.

TryingSpain Tue 11-Jun-19 10:12:20

Thanks @mouse1234567 I've decided to go with it and take it. Thanks 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »