Talk

Advanced search

Stimming at a wedding

(9 Posts)
ivf2019 Mon 10-Jun-19 13:31:47

Hello all,

Waiting on start dates for our first cycle but there is a chance that stimming will fall over a family wedding and I was just wondering how bloated you found you were during stims? I'll be on short protocol with Bemfola.

I'm really worried that I'll be hugely bloated and that (in combo with not drinking) I'll get loads of unwanted comments and potentially even congratulations .... so wondering if I need to change my dress for something looser to hide any bloat!

Close family know about treatment but extended don't and I really don't want to get into uncomfortable conversations about it on the day, so any advice about bloating/other side effects and handling them around people would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance xx

Eggcellent29 Mon 10-Jun-19 14:43:44

Hiya!

If you can change your dress, then it may be a good idea. That way you will comfy if you do bloat, and if you don’t, no harm done smile

With the not drinking - I found that having an alcohol free beer in a pint glass topped up with lemonade fools most people smile Not many bars do alcohol free wine, but a tonic water with slice looks exactly the same as a g&t. I found that, as long as you don’t advertise it, people rarely notice that you’re not drinking smile

I’m afraid I don’t have any advice about bloating itself - nothing I’ve tried has worked confused

Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding!

ivf2019 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:19:22

Thanks so much for your reply @eggcellent29 !

Good tips about the drinking. I do like a non-alcoholic beer so that sounds like a good option, and am known for my G&T habit at parties so it might have to be a T alone!

I think I'll try and find something else to wear just to avoid any sideways glances in case the bloating is noticeable, and there's nothing worse than wearing something relatively close fitting when you feel bloated and uncomfortable.

Thank you! Hope all goes well with your next step xx

hoping2018 Mon 10-Jun-19 21:19:33

I’d try find a loose dress! X

hoping2018 Mon 10-Jun-19 21:20:14

Hopefully you’ll have success so those who are suspicious will end up being right !!grin

Laurapb88 Tue 11-Jun-19 10:06:19

I'm in the same boat we should be having egg collection around the time of my cousins wedding but the wedding is being filmed for say yes to the dress may have to get a lose fitted dress like every one suggested xx

ivf2019 Tue 11-Jun-19 11:27:42

Oh that's exciting @Laurapb88 - I think a loose dress seems to be the best option for both of us! I normally wear things fitted round the waist with a loose skirt but think that will highlight bloating so on the hunt for a big old sack instead grin

Thanks @hoping2018 - it's our first attempt so I'm fairly pessimistic about it working but that would be amazing! Having a freeze-all cycle so if anyone is suspicious they might have a long wait before being right haha.

Eggcellent29 Tue 11-Jun-19 15:58:56

Also, with a loose dress you can sneak in an extra pudding 😂

ivf2019 Tue 11-Jun-19 16:10:31

Always a bonus!! Another family member is making the cake too so I know it will be delicious, so extra room for cake will be no bad thing wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »