Talk

Advanced search

When can we try again.

(8 Posts)
Pleaseletitbeme Sat 08-Jun-19 20:55:46

Hi,
So tomorrow I have a d+c to remove the embryo which stopped developing at 6+1.
All that is keeping me going right now is the thought of my next round of FET.
I don’t know what to expect tomorrow- can anyone shed some light?
Also if this is something you went through and then wanted to go again for FET, how long did you have to wait?
Many thanks.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 08-Jun-19 20:59:03

They will want you to have a normal period first - count the day of your D&C as cycle day one - then it will depend on how long it will take for you to ovulate and then it's after that next period you can arrange another FET - sometimes I have ovulated quickly after a miscarriage other times it has been up to 6 weeks

Pleaseletitbeme Sat 08-Jun-19 21:12:09

Thank you. Xx

LillyLeaf Sat 08-Jun-19 22:14:48

I'm still waiting to bleed after stopping my progesterone yesterday but I'm going to ask my clinic if I can start Buserelin before my period. This is my 2nd MMC and last time it took 42 days get my period, I don't want to wait that long.

Pleaseletitbeme Sat 08-Jun-19 22:29:24

Lilyleaf. Sorry to hear.... please let me know how you get along.

So am
I rightbin understanding nothing can happen until your second period? So two months roughly?

Eggcellent29 Sun 09-Jun-19 09:15:04

I had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks in March and we are due for our FeT transfer next week, so about 3.5 months from finding out to actual transfer day.

I had a natural miscarriage (absolute worst experience of my life, never been so terrified and bleed for weeks afterwards) so this may have delayed things and a D&C may allow you start sooner?

Eggcellent29 Sun 09-Jun-19 09:15:36

2.5 not 3.5!

LillyLeaf Sun 09-Jun-19 09:51:31

It might also depend on your protocol. So I had the 42day cycle after the MC, then a period, then mine was to start Buserelin on cd21 to down reg, then have another period with a baseline scan, I had to down reg for a bit longer as my lining hadn't shed enough, then another baseline scan, then transfer was 21 days later with a 5day blast. So I was actually a long time until transfer. All the waiting is awful. I think mine was just over 3 months from MC bleed to transfer, god I hope I'm not waiting that long this time. I hope today goes ok.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »