Talk

Advanced search

Embryo grading day 3

(5 Posts)
Sugarplummy84 Thu 06-Jun-19 13:39:36

We are all set for a day 5 embryo transfer this weekend. Our update today told us that our embryos are a real mix. Some grade 2, some grade 3 and all different number of cells. How much does day 3 grading matter?

ellesbellesxxx Sun 09-Jun-19 10:14:44

Hope the transfer went well?
Just to reassure you we had a day 5 transfer with two early blastocysts... which hadnt even been graded as they were behind. They both made it. I have had friends who had top quality embryos which didn’t take and lower grades that did.
They told us that our best quality embryo on day 3 didn’t even make it day 5.. there are so so many variables in ivf! Keeping 🤞 for you x

Eggcellent29 Sun 09-Jun-19 19:51:01

As far as I’m aware, each clinic grades embryos differently/there is no universal benchmark. We were advised that they are just a guideline and don’t have a significant impact on outcomes

hoping2018 Sun 09-Jun-19 20:53:57

I had a 3 day transfer but not told grades. My clinic did it based on number of cells - 8 best but we transferred a 7 as well. Six cell ones went on to become blasts too but I think we were lucky

Sugarplummy84 Sun 09-Jun-19 21:30:54

We had our 5dt yesterday. We had 2 blastocysts transferred and another one that will hopefully get to freeze. Fingers crossed from here on. Thank you for your replies x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »