Talk

Advanced search

Af not shown before first scan in prep for a fet prescribed provera to help but have started bleeding since carry on taking or stop? Help please?

(3 Posts)
FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sat 25-May-19 15:06:59

So I am currently dr for a fet I went for my first scan yesterday and haven’t had af yet which my consultant was surprised as seeing as I was on day 13 of buserelin ! I had some bleeding on the Thursday but then nothing Friday morning! My scan didn’t show any cysts and obviously my lining is is too think so he prescribed me 5 days of provera which once stopped should bring on af I took one straight away but then in the afternoon I started bleeding again so was unsure if I should continue or just stop and hope af gets in full flow! I took another one last night but have awful period pains today and bleeding! Any one been in a similar situation should I continue with the provera or stop as it seems af was on the way after all?

physicskate Sat 25-May-19 17:12:45

Is there an emergency number to ring for your clinic to ask??

I'd be inclined to stop, personally...

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sat 25-May-19 17:34:44

@physicskate yes there is but I wouldn’t say this was an emergency and i can wait I was just in two minds as to wether to continue as I just feel like it’s going to continue until I do stop and then af will show or I could just stop now and it’s more then likely af is going to be here! I’m very crampy and feel this could just prolong it and if I don’t need to put any more meds in to my body then I currently already am well that’s a bonus and it won’t extend the waiting for the et by to much either! It’s all just a mind field! Thank you for replying though smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »