Talk

Advanced search

Period after fet

(7 Posts)
burgerlady Sat 25-May-19 13:20:53

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on this? I had my first fet on 16th May, and was planning to take a pregnancy test tomorrow (ahead of blood test on Wed). I assumed I wouldn't get my period until after I stopped the progynova and cyclogest, but I've noticed a small bit of blood today so am sure my period is on its way.

Can your period sometimes come despite the drugs? It's 28 days since my last bleed so the dates make sense.

Feeling very deflated.

Thanks. X

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 25-May-19 19:50:31

Hi yes I got mine bang on schedule even though I was on all the medication x

ScottishJaggyNettle Sat 25-May-19 21:01:40

Still take the pregnancy test you could still have a BFP it happens sometimes . If your test is possitive tell your clinic they may want to scan at week 6 or so to ensure that it is in the correct place and a blood test to check your levels. FX its not over yet for you. Let us know how you get on x

burgerlady Sat 25-May-19 21:39:56

Thank you both for your replies. I'm still testing tomorrow but prepared for the worst. It was only a spot of brownish blood and nothing since but can't help but feel that I'm definitely out. Feel like my period is about to appear any minute. Will let you know how I get on. X

burgerlady Sun 26-May-19 09:09:34

I got a strong BFP this morning but am still bleeding and have bad period pains. It's all very confusing.

When I've had a CP before the line got fainter and fainter and my period didn't come until it had practically disappeared - so it's strange to see such a bold line alongside the blood.

X

ScottishJaggyNettle Sun 26-May-19 14:10:16

Congratulations ! I would phone your clinic and just let them know what has been happening hopefully your levels are still good on Wed. FX that your bleeding stops and the pain subsides. Its just a waiting game now. Its great that its a strong BFP, Best of luck X

twinkledag Mon 27-May-19 20:49:21

Bleeding is common in ivf pregnancies, I bled at 8 weeks and my DS is 4 now. Get in touch with your clinic, good luck and keep us posted 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »