Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(1000 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

squirrelnutkins1 Sat 03-Aug-19 08:18:18

New thread

Starting the journey thread 3 http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/infertility/3654714-starting-the-journey-thread-3

2fingers22018 Fri 02-Aug-19 22:16:09

@squirrelnutkins1 thanks!

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 02-Aug-19 20:03:29

New thread ready so we don't lose touch x

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 02-Aug-19 20:03:13

Starting the journey thread 3 http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/infertility/3654714-starting-the-journey-thread-3

2fingers22018 Fri 02-Aug-19 16:59:32

There doesnt seem to b any laws to back us up which is ridiculous @GreyC woohoo the one time the sight of af is actually exciting lol

2fingers22018 Fri 02-Aug-19 16:57:41

@GreyC i know its totally irrational they see it all the time but its cause my af is soo heavy tmi again but if i even go in the shower or bath its a race to get ready when i come out it would literally run down my legs😳 soo embaressing and like u said messy @CloudsSway im the same with work i feel awkward goin in to talk to them bout it i dont want to out myself but i do a weird mix administrative stuff and warehouse work in different locations its gd for variety and i never get bored but theyre always understaffed so i feel like theyl start off being alrite about it n then when they realise just how often i might need to swap shifts and leave early they wnt b happy but what choice do i have? Have u spoken to ur work? Are they understanding?

GreyC Fri 02-Aug-19 16:09:56

So I’ve started spotting ladies... AF is deffo on the way and il ring the clinic in the morning I think to book in eeeeeeeeeek

CloudSway Fri 02-Aug-19 15:25:17

I did had a scan during af too, luckily I was very light flow but they looked at me like why are you telling us, it makes no difference so clearly they are used to it! And it wasn't messy in the slightest, I was very surprised!

@greyc I'm slightly low amh too so that's good to know!

Isn't it silly worrying about work when all this is going on, but I can't help it lol, I'll feel bad letting my colleagues down but was really hoping to take a week off when it's done... maybe not at Xmas! What do u do again? @2fingers22018

GreyC Fri 02-Aug-19 14:05:57

Auto correct - I had!

GreyC Fri 02-Aug-19 14:05:41

I ha don’t internal scan done on my period - they couldn’t have cared less! Honestly; it was really cool seeing it all on the screen in 3D too 🙈

2fingers22018 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:51:36

Sorry meant to ask who was it that had the scan while on their period ive to get the same august or september tmi but af is soo heavy for me on day2 i dnt understand how that works 😳

2fingers22018 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:48:30

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF really hope u get sum high quality embros when they thaw nerve wracking and exciting! @GreyC im sorry dont feel guilty bout the way u feel im the same with my sister shes pregnant just now i obvs luv her to bits and wouldnt wish anything but happiness for her but it is hard having it in ur face 24/7 someone living a life that u want..i know i might sound jealous but im honestly not i dnt wish it wasnt her i just wish it was me aswell u prob feel the same way with ur friend glad she didnt tel u face to face that wouldve been soo much worse! @CloudsSway im glad to hear u feel a bit better soo sorry bout ur ring i would be soo upset too its the sentimental value, nice to know that ppl try to help tho small things like that do help makes u realise not everythings bad x im the same with the transfer depending on wether i get booked in on this cycle or my nxt(late sept) im stressing bout my transfer being the same time their babys been born or a few wks old plus the added stress of my work being crazy busy in the build up to xmas!

GreyC Fri 02-Aug-19 09:25:38

I am long protocol due to a slightly lower AMH so down reg is when they put your ovaries into a sleep mode so basically switch them off before the stimulation drugs. I only know this when I went in to find out what was going to happen.
Aww thank you- I’m rooting for myself too!!

CloudSway Fri 02-Aug-19 09:22:26

Just before I say something stupid... what exactly does down regulation mean?! I'd be nervous too, but we're all rooting for you!!

GreyC Fri 02-Aug-19 08:10:24

Thanks @cloudsway. She really was just being a good friend I think. I am really happy for her.

Yes waiting for AF to show then have to ring the clinic and go in to start down regulation. I’m excited but equally nervous as I don’t like hospitals haha!

CloudSway Fri 02-Aug-19 07:57:42

Thanks @veeboo @greyC** for those little snippets of positivity, they are like a rock to cling on to when everything is crap! I've settled down a bit now, although af arrived that night which explains me being emotional but also almost tipped me over the edge! Now I'm still a bit teary that my engagement ring seems to be gone forever, but otherwise a bit more stable.. looking for the positive, I didn't know so many ppl cared or knew who I was at work, the entire store seems to be looking for my ring which is very touching.

I'm sorry you've also had a bomb @greyC** but I think you are 100% justified in getting upset, any of your emotions are allowed and ok, and it does sound like she has tried to be sensitive. Like @veeboo says, damned if she does, damned if she doesn't tell you! It's actually nice that she gave you a chance to get emotional privately, if you were already planned to meet up she could have dropped the bomb to your face which is worse. Hope it goes okay for you x

@2fingers22018 @finallytakingtheplungewithivf you are both brilliant for being so psyched up for this, it makes me excited for you and keep trying to work out what might happen and when for us! So if you are okay to keep sharing, it's great to see timescales of what happens when - am i right that you might be starting soon too *@greyC***? I have a feeling I might end up on transfer at the start of December (we have the meds meeting mid September) which for someone in retail that is the worst possible time!! 😆🙈

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 01-Aug-19 21:35:50

@GreyC well it’s less injections but I think once I’d had transfer and with the extra meds i had like 8 reminders in my phone just so I could remember what I was taking next!
I’m so sorry you got baby bombed but as you are close friends it sounds like she thought she was doing the best thing if she knows what you are going through! Big hugs x

veeboo Thu 01-Aug-19 21:17:35

No shame in that!

GreyC Thu 01-Aug-19 20:56:51

Thank you @veeboo.
Shamefully I’m watching glee on Netflix to cheer me up ha!

veeboo Thu 01-Aug-19 20:47:04

I see. I guess shes a bit damned if she does, damned if she doesn't but it is reasonable for you to feel how you do. Thinking of you

GreyC Thu 01-Aug-19 20:20:58

We are very close and she knows everything so I think she did it as a ‘heads up’

I think you are right about tomorrow; I need to stay calm relaxed smile

veeboo Thu 01-Aug-19 20:14:29

Oh @GreyC that's the pits. Is there a reason she has told you so early? Was she sympathetic? If I am honest I think you're coming down with the flu or eaten something funny tomorrow. You dont need to go until you're feeling strong enough. This is an important time for you to be as calm as possible so if you need to, make an excuse.

GreyC Thu 01-Aug-19 18:28:15

Soo huge baby bomb today.
Previously mentioned friend who has just started trying on her holiday. (3 weeks ago) she’s pregnant - found out today.
I did cry I have to admit. Hardest thing I’m actually seeing her tomorrow to walk the dogs. What am I going to say. Or do.

GreyC Thu 01-Aug-19 17:08:03

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF this is so exciting for you.

Are the meds more straight forward for just a transfer? We could be injecting at the same time haha

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 01-Aug-19 09:42:21

@2fingers22018 yes it is so feel a lot better this round as I know what’s what! So just got off the phone pretty much the same as last time just when o start the pessaries I will be on three and not the standard two! Also as I have two day 3 embies I have agreed to thaw them and let them go to day 5 to see if we have any more top quality ones if they are will transfer one and then refreeze the other one! Thankyou for your kind words it is tough but some how you just keep going! next step is to make an appointment with the nurse to go through meds and the process again and consent forms and them I’m ready and waiting to get started!

This thread is not accepting new messages.