Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(863 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 08:32:17

@CloudSway think the other ladies have already said, but a flashing smiley indicates high fertility and a static smiley indicates peak fertility which then means you will ovulate within the next 24-36 hours (dependant on when the LH surge started as you may have tested during the beginning or the end). Don't have a clue about AMH, but I'm so sorry to read that it's bad news. Have you spoken to anyone in depth about this to see if there's anything you can do to improve your chances? Have you read the book "It Starts With The Egg"? It will give you advice on how to improve for both you and your partner. Worth a read. Hope you're ok xx
(Just read further up about what amh is! Would definitely read the book if you already haven't. Don't suppose it's for everyone, but it does say how to improve egg quality and it's all backed by scientific research, so if you have low egg reserve, you could improve the quality of the ones you have to give you the best chance!) xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad you had the email! It is horrible when they're vague as you just want to know all the info! You could always call in addition to the email to get some more answers.
That seems to be good news then! Good luck with your scan Friday too Xx

@squirrelnutkins1 I'm ok thank you. Feeling a little better today! How are you? Xx

@veeboo how are you? Xx

@2fingers22018 how are you? Have you phoned/are you going to? xx

Hope everyone else is ok and has a good day xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 11:50:33

I foned my appts the beginning of july im soo happy! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel😄 @Kelly199 glad you feel better today hun @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF We ve already had our initial consultation and hycosy this is for us to actually start the IVF do you remember what they go through at the 1st appt i just want to be as mentally prepared as i can be x

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 11:53:27

@2fingers22018 great news!!! I bet you're so glad you called now. So so pleased for you.
Thank you, me too!
Wish you the best of luck with the process and I hope July hurries for you xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 11:59:31

@Kelly199 thanks hun ur always soo nice❤ what cd are you on now?

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 12:18:21

@2fingers22018 wahooooooo!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 12:21:55

@2fingers22018 thank you ❤️
CD27 11DPO. Sure the other day I said the date as my cycle day lol. Af supposed to be on Monday xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 13:02:00

Afternoon all

Well Af arrived to day finally so I can stop worrying about that! Not looking forward to the scan tomorrow so much now but just have to keep telling myself they use to it!

So pleased for you @2fingers22018 l!! Well after our initial appointment we have a consultation with a fertility nurse where we went through all the convent forms, I was given my treatment plan and shown how to do the injections oh and as we had all the test done at the gp we had to take all that info for her to look through! It was then a case of just asking any questions you have! I’m not sure if it’s the same for nhs but that’s what happened for us! It was then a case of the meds getting delivered and then picking when we started really! Hope this helps

@kelly199 oh not long! How are you feeling any symptoms?

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 13:02:12

Glad you're ok hun @Kelly199 I'm ok too 😘

So I'm feeling a bit confused... when I had my day 21 bloods done a few months ago I had one on day 20 and another on day 26. The result for day 20 was 50 something and the result for day 26 was 140 something. The nurse thought I possibly released two eggs that month.

I'm on cd 22 at the mo so I'm thinking we do still need to dtd every other day until the end of the week in case I'm a late ovulater.

Does this make sense/sound right!?

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:29:36

@squirrelnutkins1 thanks hun💗yh dtd as much as yous can cover all bases @Kelly199 the dreaded tww i hate when its at the wkend feel like it gives me more time to stress over it especially if im off work hope it goes by quick for u x @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF i think they should have all our info bloods SA etc on the computer i might ask the gp for a print out just to be on the safe side you know what nhs computers are like lol always some sort of mix up or delay. The gynaeo said we could get an appt for questions explaining ivf or do the research ourselves skip that appt and get the IVF put through quicker so i went with that option fx they just go through our treatment plan then and sort out meds. Nothings ever that simple or quick tho lol

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:30:55

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad your af has arrived! One less thing to worry about.
I know it's not nice for you, but I bet it happens so much more than we think! Try not to worry.
Im ok thank you. Nothing. Only last couple of days had the odd mild twinge every now and then, but I had that a lot last month and bfn. Have done test and bfn too. Messaged my consultant to see if upping the dose would increase chances or as I'm already ovulating, whether this isn't advisable due to possible overstimulation. She said she'd check today for me when she replied last night, but haven't heard anything yet. Don't like to keep on in case she's just busy Xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:32:45

Just thinking on our appt id be in the tww wonder if we ll have to wait until the start of a new cycle to start meds?🤔

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:33:48

Sorry @squirrelnutkins1 must've scrolled past your message!!
Glad you're ok. Those were high!! I would def dtd every other day just to make sure you're covered. Can't go back. Wish you luck!! Xx

@2fingers22018 thank you. I know, it is horrible. Just the not knowing waiting game!!
Hope your day is going good after hearing the good news!! Xx

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:37:20

@2fingers22018 is it worth ringing and asking? I know it's crazy because you've obviously been trying for so long and it would be ironic if you fell pregnant, but I suppose you could decide perhaps not to dtd before your appt so you would definitely not be pregnant? Or dtd and try and wait out the tww then start the medications? Worth ringing and finding out as you can decide from there then and see what they advise.
Don't worry about it though xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:43:27

@Kelly199 yh i think al wait until i get the letter through in the post it might have more info on it. I dunno when theyd tell me to start injections/meds i dunno if itd need to b the start of a new cycle anyway, soo much to think about lol if your consultant doesnt phone back before the afternoon id phone her as you said she might be busy but you need to know.

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:51:43

@2fingers22018 yeah it should have all the info on! Hopefully everything will all work out for you anyway.
I know! She's given me her personal number so I just text. That's why I feel bad lol. She only gave it initially for test results. I don't message though other than for previous test results, so I don't suppose I should feel that bad lol xx

veeboo Thu 23-May-19 14:04:39

Great news @2fingers22018. @kelly199 I am good thanks. Hope you're doing okay in the tww. Are you planning on testing?

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 14:10:34

@veeboo glad you're ok. Yes, I'm ok thank you. I have already tested. Yesterday had bfn, so very doubtful xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 14:13:31

@2fingers22018 will depend on which protocol your on! If short you would start on the first day of full flow if long I think it will be cycle day 21 like I’m doing for my fet as you need to down reg hope that helps xx

veeboo Thu 23-May-19 16:30:52

I'm really sorry @kelly199 hope you're doing okay. Fingers crossed it was a bit early for you x

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:06:35

@Kelly199 that was nice of her id just message at the end of the day and say sorry dnt want to bug you but im sure she knows that you dont message her a lot and wont mind gd luck keep us updated x

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:09:11

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVf thanks im soo glad your on this thread you know more than me lol

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:12:22

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF are your cycles 28days long tho mine are 35-42 days long so im assuming that would affect things aswell

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 18:11:29

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF we posted at the same time so missed yours! Glad af is here so things can get moving. All the best for your scan tomorrow xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 18:13:09

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF yh gd luck hun

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 18:33:58

@2fingers22018 yes they are! I would imagine as yours are longer they might put you on birth control for a month don’t take my word for it I think I’ve read it somewhere!!

Thanks for the well wishes @squirrelnutkins @2fingers22018

To top it off I have a stinking cold ☹️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »