Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(832 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 14:35:33

Oh ok. I have read that a few people are taking Letrazole and wondered what the difference was. Good that you're being scanned. Is that every month?
I was only monitored on first cycle and because it showed I ovulated, they didn't monitor me anymore! Xx

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 14:35:43

@squirrelnutkins1 xx

squirrelnutkins1 Tue 25-Jun-19 15:12:09

They only mentioned month one so we'll see. Did they tell you when to dtd? I'm looking forward to it in a way to take some pressure off. I've told OH he's really got to sort his diet out. He's been stress eating so much. Just don't want anything else to stand in our way. I'm cd23 at the moment so shouldnt be too long a wait to start taking it. Annoyingly I'm due in on a Friday but we'll see what happens 🙏🏻

Glad you've got your appt that's great! Especially as it's the same lady. Yeah for sure you're entitled! You can make a plan for the next step can't you 😊👍🏻😊 do you have any idea what the next step may be? IUI? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Tue 25-Jun-19 15:12:38

@Kelly199

2fingers22018 Tue 25-Jun-19 15:25:14

@VenusStarr hope u see ewcm soon as odd as that sounds @Cloudsway how are u? @Kelly199 sorry bout af that bloody sucks! Dnt apologise i always message loads anyway i wouldnt care as u said ur entitled to nhs treatment as much as anyone else, ur not alone in the worryin i stress over EVERYTHING recently lol x @FinallytakjngtheplungwitgIVF sit with ur feet up and make ur OH do everything😂 @squirrelnutkins1 yh waiting rooms are the worst u could cut the tension with a knife no one wants to b there glad u have a plan in place now tho❤

squirrelnutkins1 Tue 25-Jun-19 16:52:58

@2fingers22018 yeah everyone was avoiding eye contact! I know no hospital waiting room is nice but in this one you know exactly why everyone is there and it just made me want to cry 💔 how are you? Xx

2fingers22018 Tue 25-Jun-19 17:34:26

@squirrelnutkins1 yh i went to see the gynaecologist for a hycosy before our ivf referral and i was sittin wonderin who had fertility problems like us, prob a lot and no one was talkin think they were nervous bout scans n stuff soo awkward and sad..im just tryin to push through the nxt few wks my appts the beginning of july. Dont know how long itl b before we start meds or anythin tho prob months uuggh. Do u feel a bit better ur gettin meds or no? Do u just feel stuck? X

GreyC Tue 25-Jun-19 17:48:24

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF congratulations!!!! This is so amazing! (Makes me think positive about my ivf!)

All good here thank you; gearing up for the end of term in 2 more weeks so looking forward to the summer holidays!

squirrelnutkins1 Tue 25-Jun-19 17:58:11

Not long now @2fingers22018 you should get some timescales at that appt so it'll be something to work towards 👍🏻
I feel like the clock has been turned back 4 months and we're back to square one but I need to not think that way and be more positive.

I think it's tough because none of us have any control over this crappy situation we're in. In life you can take control to some extent on things like losing weight or getting fitter or booking a nice hol or whatever, you want it so you make it happen, but this isn't one of those things you can just make happen. Think I'm struggling with that part a bit.

@GreyC the countdown is on for the summer hols yay!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 25-Jun-19 18:07:36

@Kelly199 no other symptoms really just being tired and waking up early! Not sure the spotting is a symptom but still have a bit of that! Glad you have your appointment I wouldn’t worry about it being the same dr your entitled to it do you can only go see what they say! Very exciting!

@squirrelnutkins1 not sure if the tiredness if from stress or that really hopefully time will tell!!

@2fingers22018 to be fair he is letting me rest when I get home so can’t complain to much!

@GreyC thankyou I’m glad it’s making everyone feel a bit more positive!

So the clinic rang today just to see how I was ahead of tomorrow and if I had any symptoms I was worried about I said no (didn’t dare tell her I’d tested blush) and she was was really lovely and said she would have her fingers crossed for me for tomorrow I’m sure they have loads but it’s nice to hear!

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:07:35

@squirrelnutkins1 I think that's standard to be honest unless it's not working and they increase and have you back again to see if it's worked that time.
They just advised every other day with us, but I've been doing every other day and when +opk everyday for 3 days.
My oh was the same, but luckily he's now eating really healthy and going to the gym so hoping it'll help 🤞🏼
Hopefully it will all work out well for you then 😘🤞🏼
That's what I thought! I do feel a little awkward, but it is only for a plan and to hopefully get a referral to a clinic or something as it's months waiting after that anyway!
I honestly don't have a clue. I didn't really know much about iui before ivf until I came on here and was reading. Before I'd assumed it was only ivf, so I suppose that would be the first step towards ivf. We shall see! Xx

@2fingers22018 thank you. I know I am such a worrier!!
Hope you're doing ok ❤️

Feeling crap this evening! Had to leave work early today as oh got home to loads of blood that our dog had passed!! So emergency at vets and fingers crossed she'll be ok they said we'd brought her in early enough for antibiotics and injections and we can bring her home they think infection, bless her!
Something all the time isn't it?! I think somebody is trying to test us with stress and worry!!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 25-Jun-19 18:08:45

@Kelly199 cross posts sorry to hear about your doggy!! Hope she ok! Xx

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:11:05

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF everything seems good!! Let us know how you get on. Do you have an appt with clinic or anything for a check?
I know, thank you! I should worry, I know!
When I go it'll be coming to the end of my fertile period, so hopefully a couple of weeks later I'll be ringing them with good news and I'll be cancelling lol. Wishful thinking!
Aww that's so lovely of her!! It's nice when they're like that. I wouldn't worry about not telling them, I don't think I would've either lol. Exciting for you!! I bet you so many people do it. I don't think I'd wait!! I forgot you had appt tomorrow. Hope it all goes well. Obviously you know the answer anyway, eeek!! Xxx

Kelly199 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:11:34

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF thank you, me too! Xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 25-Jun-19 18:17:14

@Kelly199 no I think I’m just straight in for my bloods then I’m off! I did ask her about meds as I’m getting low on the pessaries if it’s positive so she said they’d just send me a prescription if it’s positive! Well hopefully it is don’t want to count my chickens just yet! Well I have my fingers crossed that it will happen for you soon and that you can ring and cancel it! Xx

2fingers22018 Tue 25-Jun-19 19:35:41

@squirrelnutkins1 ur soo spot on thats why im gettin soo frustrated and depressed i feel like ive tried everything i possibly can at this point(vitamins exercising more resting more dtd more eating healthy using opks) its like i just want to start ivf! Maybe that will give us some control back to think im tryin sumthin just now im at a stale mate and just wastin tome @Kelly199 oh no poor u! and ur dog i hope shes alrite! X

veeboo Wed 26-Jun-19 05:01:47

@squirrelnutkins1 sorry you feel like you've gone back a step but fx for you now your plan is in place. It sounds like a good plan. Hows your DP now?
@kelly199 sorry AF came. How are you feeling about your appointment?
@2fingers22018 I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish. It sounds like your are doing all you can and that will be a benefit for when you start ivf so don't see it as a waste. Fx it comes quickly. I do wish sometimes I could just sleep through parts of this experience.
@finallytakingtheplungewithivf good luck for today!
I had a weird day yday. Loads of ewcm when I usually notice some and assumed it was also a bit late? Peak opk Sunday PM so assumed mondaybwas ovulation. Dtd (using insemination) for good measure but now I have this overwhelming fear that we have just not been getting the timing right each month.

veeboo Wed 26-Jun-19 05:27:06

That should say I dont normally notice any ewcm

2fingers22018 Wed 26-Jun-19 05:29:19

@veeboo i know thanks..i know i think that all the time r we just timin it wrong, if only we could afford scans every mnth so we knew for sure what was goin on🤔

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 26-Jun-19 07:34:22

Thanks @veeboo just got to the clinic am very nervous and anxious about it!

Hope everyone else is ok this am xx

veeboo Wed 26-Jun-19 09:35:17

@2fingers22018 I know its mad isnt it! I hear and read conflicting things...5 days before O, 3 days after a positive opk, every other day. Bloody stressful especially combined with ED issues. I just keep trying to think well we are doing out best, and this month has been the best so far but then the little voice says what if for the last 18 months you've never got the right time and never will because you dont do it every other day! What does everyone else do?

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf eeeekkkk!!!!!

2fingers22018 Wed 26-Jun-19 09:40:20

@veeboo my oh has a non existent sex drive atm so i can 100% sympathise hes too depressed to have sex. Think we just need to do it as much as we can without pressuring them but its hard to not get annoyed sumtimes

veeboo Wed 26-Jun-19 11:10:40

It all so hard @2fingers22018. I have been so frustrated that my DP only just started getting help. Since he has been to the clinic and got some different meds it's been better. We have a bit more sex, including on non fertile days which is great. We also have been self inseminating which takes the pressure off and means I'm less frustrated because we dont miss a key day. Would your partner consider that or talking to someone?

2fingers22018 Wed 26-Jun-19 11:14:40

I bought a self insemination kit but we ve not used it hes not been in the mood to do anything. Hes on a waitin list to speak to a counsellor now

veeboo Wed 26-Jun-19 14:22:17

That's tough for you @2fingers22018. I hope counselling works for him. glad he is up for going.

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf have you had the blood results?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »