Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(805 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 19:49:12

@veeboo hopefully 🤞🏼 xx

@2fingers22018 I did msg to remind her and she replied saying she doesn't recommend upping dosage. Guess I'll have to hope 50 will do the trick! Xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope your cold won't last long! Hate having one!! Good luck for tomorrow xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 19:57:01

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF she did say at the 1st appt the pill regulates ur cycles but obvs no point in that if we re trying to conceive she said itd take too long balancing hormones then the injections would mess with them anyway..nuthings ever simple with us lol hope ur cold eases up @Kelly199 that sux keep with it tho i know its hard to not get disheartened but ur not out yet hunhugs

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 20:28:10

@2fingers22018 thank you ❤️

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 09:06:37

@2fingers22018 I’m out of ideas for you then lol I’m sure they can still give you something to start af if they need to!

So had my scan bad news at the mo lining is to thick still and after thinking af has arrived yesterday I have nothing today!! So I’ve got to take some tabs for 5 days and then stop and it should bring af on! Then have to call to arrange another scan so it’s extended the process by another week at least! He started going on about me being pregnant as sometimes eggs drop in ec but it highly unlikely but then thinking back we dtd once when I was a bit tiddly after a night out with friends before starting the fet and looking back it would of been day 14 but I would say highly unlikely but you know when they put that slither of doubt I your mind!! Anyway got the tabs and have taken one already I nearly did buy a test but told myself not to be silly! I am also feeling dreadful still!

Hope everyone else is ok this am

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 09:12:09

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF id honestly take a test before your tabs if i was u

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 09:13:02

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF oh no!! Really? That's strange.. could it be because of the injections?
It's so annoying that this has pushed you back. How thick does your lining need to be?
Did he advise you to test?
Hope everything will sort itself out for you now and nothing delayed any further!! Sending hugs and hope you'll feel better soon xx

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 09:14:36

Yes, @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF I think I'd agree with @2fingers22018 just to be sure. I know you've already taken one tablet, but if you have a test laying around? Xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 09:54:21

@2fingers22018 @kelly199 I’ll have to grab one I haven’t tested in years gave up on it!! Well
My lining is 9mm which in his words is what we want when I’ve started the next stage but I need a good clear out before that to start a fresh he was surprised I’d been taking the injections for nearly two weeks and af! He didn’t say to test though

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 10:03:26

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF maybe just to check, but then again, he surely would've asked you to if he was really concerned?
I see! So they want it to be thin so it can thicken again to what you are at the moment? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 10:31:16

If second and third taking a test. Let's us know! @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF sorry about your scan. Xx

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 10:42:14

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF sorry your going through all this you must be stressed out hugs im the same i dnt think ive tested in about 8months my periods never late enough for me to even begin to think about testing..keep us updated x

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 11:45:18

@kelly199 yes I think because the. Buserelin is shutting everything down once I start taking the progynova that’s when they want it to start getting thicker I think it because they basically want my body to stop so the medication works seems hard work but they recommended a medicated one rather then natural one! Thanks for the support guys just feeling sorry for myself today as not feeling well and now it means at least another week of injections on top of the two weeks I still got! @kelly199 @2fingers22018 and @squirrelnutkins xx

Hope your all ok aswell? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 12:23:34

Big hugs to you. Sorry this road block has come up ☹️ @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF xx

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 12:26:20

Sending hugs ❤️ so annoying to have even more obstacles!! Not fair!! Hope everything will work out by the end @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
I'm ok thank you. Just waiting for af Monday so I can start next cycle! Xx

Hope everyone is ok xx

veeboo Fri 24-May-19 13:00:05

Sorry that's thrown a spanner in the works @finallytakingtheplunge. Hope you're still able to relax. Let us know if you decide to test and need to talk about it x

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 15:53:34

Makes you want to scream when shit like this happens its soo bloody frustrating! I suggest a pillow that always helps me lol

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 16:06:23

Im supposed to be heading into my fertile wk but no ewcm which is weird i normally have loads by now tmi!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 18:35:15

Thanks @veeboo!

Not testing as I’ve had some more bleeding so maybe I jist needed to wait a bit longer now I don’t know if I should take the pills and risk bleeding till I stop them and then have an af or not?! Obviously the clinic is now closed feeling very sorry for myself today! I’ve sent DH to the pharmacy to see if o can take anything else for my cold as I’m feeling really unwell! Fancy a bit of a cry of om honest 😢

Hope you all have a lovely weekend you are all so lovely ❤️

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 19:57:15

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF aww have a cry if u need to nuthin wrong with that hun especially with all the meds you ve been takin your bound to feel all over the place. Make sure OH is giving you extra tlc x

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 21:58:32

Awww ☹️ cry if you need to! It's really ok! Xx @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF

Mrsmch123 Sat 25-May-19 15:26:44

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope ur feeling better today. I'm feeling sorry for myself also today as our clinic appointment for July got cancelled until September!x

veeboo Sat 25-May-19 15:33:11

Oh @Mrsmch123 that's rubbish. Did they give you a reason? Seems a long time to make you wait. I'd feel pretty fed up too. Hope you've got something nice on this weekend.

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sat 25-May-19 15:38:58

@2fingers22018 thanks xx

@mrsmch123 thankyou am feeling a bit better today!

I am however still bleeding so ma jist thinking of stopping these tablets as af seems to want to appear and it’s quite painful so I’m not sure these tablets are worth taking now!
Sorry your appointment has been cancelled like veeboo says have they said why?

Mrsmch123 Sat 25-May-19 15:57:00

No reason given on the letter. Think I will just phone them every few days to see if I can get a cancellation. It's frustrating because this appointment is us to officially go on the ivf waiting list as we have had all tests (mfi identified but had to do second sperm analysis). They said at our very first appointment that it would be icsi we need.So we would literally be in and out in 5 mins!x

veeboo Sat 25-May-19 21:02:54

Ah @Mrsmch123 what a pain. I'm very sceptical and with these things I wonder if it's an artificial way of managing their waiting lists i.e. they are supposed to give treatment within x months of the referral so if they know they cant meet that are they delaying your referral? 3 months seems a bit much, you might get somewhere if you complain. Fingers crossed for you.

Mrsmch123 Sat 25-May-19 21:15:36

Interesting....I never thought of it like that!that makes sense tho!!will bring that up when I call them.

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 00:15:21

@veeboo 100%agree with u there i was told a yr long waiting list to start ivf i think they said that to make us panic and go private cuts down their waiting lists our appts after 4months! not that im complaining lol

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 00:15:40

Hows everyone else doing?

VenusStarr Sun 26-May-19 09:18:52

Hi everyone, sorry I've been quiet for a while. Have been struggling quite a lot, trying (and not succeeding) to not think about ttc and pregnancy.

Have been in quite a lot of pain with my body gearing up for af. Started around Wednesday but only came on yesterday. Been very tearful and emotional too. I guess my body is still healing after the miscarriage sad

Got to ring the hospital to book in the hsg. I'm guessing they won't be there today or tomorrow, but will try.

Good news is we're off on holiday in just under 3 weeks 😎 ☀ am looking forward to that. Af is due to arrive halfway through 🙄 and we can't ttc this cycle because of the hsg. But I won't let it put a dampener on our break, really need it!

Sorry, it sounds like you've been having a tough time @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF, how are you today?

Sorry that your appointment has been pushed back @Mrsmch123, hope you manage to get a cancellation.

How are you @Kelly199? Any signs of af arriving tomorrow? Hopefully not 🤞

How's things with you @squirrelnutkins1? smile are you in your tww now? Got my fingers crossed for you 🤞

Hope you're all OK too @2fingers22018 @veeboo @CloudSway xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sun 26-May-19 09:36:02

@venusStarr sorry to hear your having a rough time still! Sending hugs your way! ❤️ Glad you have your holiday to look forward to it be good to have a break from it all and just be a couple xx

I’m ok thanks for asking my cold is finally feeling much better! After taking the pills af still decided to show yesterday so have stopped taking them now hopefully it won’t cause an issue as I’ve had really bad cramps so I don’t see the point in prolonging it if that makes sense so now need to ring up and make an appointment for another scan so they can check my lining and we can hopefully move forward so it’s not delayed things to much!

We have friends coming today and she aware that we were thinking of doing this but not how far along we are I may tell her I feel like I need to get it off my chest as I’m feeling quite lonely in this part and DH doesn’t seem to get it but then if I tell her I’ve got the added pressure of her asking when things are going to be happening and that makes me quite anxious so still in two minds!

Hope everyone else is having a. I’ve weekend xx

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 09:37:09

@VenusStar try and focus on your hol hun the only bonus to not ttc that cycle is at least u wnt ruin your hol testing thats what i do normally lol hope you feel better soon hugs

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 09:44:45

@FinallytakkngtheplungewithIVF i completely get not telling ppl the questions are hard but i think you should try and tell her if ur feeling lonely(easier said than done) guys just dnt get it. Id say to her i want to be honest and tell you i need another woman to talk to OH doesnt get it up but talkin about it and answering loads of questions is hard hopefully she ll understand gd luck x

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 09:45:20

Morning to everyone else😊💗

CloudSway Sun 26-May-19 10:01:14

@squirrelnutkins1 thanks for asking, had my first proper consultation and feeling a bit 50/50 about it. I'm sorry you're struggling, but know there's no limit on how long you're allowed to feel whatever you feel. Hope you and oh are looking after each other. Is it you that said you have a hol booked? Where are you off to?

Glad to hear your cold is clearing up @finallytakingtheplungewithivf, has your mood lifted a little along with it? I think it depends on the friend, can you say look I'm desperate to talk about it but I'm scared people will ask how this are at potentially awful times, do you think she would get the hint? I'm a big believer that when you feel like talking about it you should or it will burst out in unexpected ways later!

@mrsmch123 have you called to find out about why your appt has been moved yet?

We are now also waiting until Sept as had a very in depth 2hr consultation at our clinic on Friday, and doctor said with our age we could afford 3 month lifestyle change to see if it helps dh sperm. It has improved on motility but morphology is bad, may need DNA fragmentation as currently there's a higher risk of miscarriage, but they do have a (free!) fancy trial where they basically stick something to all the shit sperm so they don't leave the test tube, so just the good ones get selected for icsi which is good. She was 50/50 about me, age on my side but number of eggs on the low side and obv no info on the quality of the eggs.
She was so good at explaining everything, but also talked through all the risks which sort of brought me down to earth, was a bit daunting... hasn't put me off, but bit of a reality check!

So we go back on 6th September to redo dhs tests then crack straight on. Now overanalysing when af might happen like @2fingers22018 lol trying to suss out exactly when I can start the drugs! I'm so pleased for you matey that it's so soon🤗😁 and having just been asked the questions the only curve balls were 'What have you seen a gp for in the last year?' (Might not ask you that as you are nhs) and the quickest 'any problems with intercourse?' which she phrased weirdly, and I now sort of wish I'd brought something up.

Then saw a nurse who was going to show us how to inject until she realised we are waiting 3 months, so frustrating to know we were almost starting right then and there!!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sun 26-May-19 10:15:47

@2fingers22018 she is a really good good friend and on the plus side I know she has a friend who did ivf aswell so I feel like she should be ok just sometimes she can be a bit full on in the best possible way! I think it’s more my own issue of actually sharing my feelings with some one else I’m not very good at it!!
@cloudsway glad you’ve had your first proper consultation and that you have the time to make life style changes to see if that helps!
I’m not sure about my mood I think all the drugs are just messing with me if I’m honest even though my cold is feeling better I am like a big sweaty mess today so not sure if it’s cold or medication related but am literally dripping sorry I know that’s gross but am trying to clean the house and it’s just getting worse 😂. I think she will be fine my issue is just once she knows she will want to know when et is and then when I’m testing and it’s jist a lot of pressure! I know what you mean I bottle up then when I’m with my friends normally having a few drinks I get brave and blurt!! It’s not ideal but that’s how she knows we were thinking about ivf as people are always asking and it just came out!

CloudSway Sun 26-May-19 10:18:39

OH no sorry it's @venusstarr who's off on hol, where are you off to lovely? I hope a bit of sunshine and you time makes you feel a bit better xx

Fx for you as well @kelly199, perhaps you did test early?

@veeboo how are you doing?

Sorry all, I get confused when I read 4 pages at a time, really sorry if I hurl inappropriate comments at anyone 😕 xxx

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 10:29:56

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF im the exact same i dnt know what it is about infertility thats soo bloody hard to open up about i just cant seem to do it either. Maybe we re scared all our pent up emotions will just come bursting out and im not one for crying infront of ppl. I would try my best to tell her since shes someone you can trust i just tell my mum and sis dnt ask me about testing or when afs due they seem to respect that x @CloudsSway welcome back hun i was thinking ud been quiet! Thanks its gd to know what kinda questions they might ask intercourse is a weird 1? Do you think they mean ED and stuff? Its soo much to take in isnt it ?! @Kelly199 have you tested again?

veeboo Sun 26-May-19 12:11:37

Loads of messages sorry if I miss anyone! @VenusStarr sorry AF is here, it's totally understandable you'd feel extra emotional this time. You're right that your body is recovering but you need to give your mind a rest too. Easier said than done I know. So glad you have a holiday coming up. Maybe the month off ttc will help?
@finallytakingtheplungewithivf maybe tell you're friend and say you're really glad you can confuse but please can she not ask unless you bring it up. Nothing wrong with setting boundaries like that and keeps you safer emotionally. I've done similar with some friends.
@CloudSway your consultation sounds thorough. They can definitely be overwhelming. Sounds positive that they think lifestyle changes might help. I guess the downside of that is you feel like you're waiting?
@kelly199 hope you're doing okay and you @2fingers22018.
Hope everyone else is doing okay. I am 3dpo now in think. Me and DP actually dtd today, the first time in about 18 months outside the fertile window!

Kelly199 Sun 26-May-19 12:37:29

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope you're feeling better ❤️
Glad your cold is a little better.
Yeah, should be ok if your af is in full flow. Hopefully everything will be ok for you now and no more push backs!! 🤞🏼
Hope your day goes ok with your friend. Just see how you feel at the time with telling her or not. It is a hard decision to make, but just see how you feel when she's there. xx

@Mrsmch123 so sorry that's happened!! Seems as though life takes us through more and more obstacles even though we're already going through shit. Keep onto them and I hope you'll have a cancellation and be seen much sooner. Sending hugs xx

@VenusStarr sorry you're feeling rubbish. It's such a horrible thing to be going through and so hard not to think about. Sending you lots of love ❤️ hope you'll feel better soon. Fingers crossed it will be your time soon and you'll be sharing your good news with us.
Yes, definitely give them a call. Yes, doubt they'd be there today, but you could try tomorrow. Hugs xx

@CloudSway that's annoying! Hopefully by the time you go back, everything will have improved. Hope you're feeling ok ❤️
I'm ok thank you. I have been testing, still negative. Think my af could be starting. Maybe today or tomorrow. xx

@2fingers22018 how are you? Yes, I tested again this morning bfn. Only been using ic as have frer and cb, but was buying them loads for last month and so expensive, so just using these now and only if I'm late I'll use the frer as I'm convinced this month I'm out. Think af starting soon. Hope you have a good day xxx

@veeboo how are you? Glad you've dtd outside fertile window. I like when we dtd then too as it's one that's natural and not trying to make it happen!! I'm ok thank you xx

Hope everyone else is ok, sorry if I'm missed anyone. Xx

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 12:59:43

@squirrelnutkins1 u alrite? 💗

Kelly199 Sun 26-May-19 13:12:27

@squirrelnutkins1 yes!! I knew I'd miss someone!! So sorry, just had so many to try and catch up on! How are you? ❤️ xx

Kelly199 Sun 26-May-19 15:04:39

Af has started for me ladies, so onto cycle 3 of clomid!

veeboo Sun 26-May-19 15:11:38

Ah sorry @Kelly199 hope you're feeling okay x

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sun 26-May-19 15:52:49

@kelly199 thanks!! Sorry af has started for you! Xx

2fingers22018 Sun 26-May-19 17:51:05

@Kelly199 sorry for af💗uuuggh im still waiting for ewcm and+opk i dont think i ll ovulate until late in this cycle

Kelly199 Sun 26-May-19 19:55:46

@veeboo @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF @2fingers22018 thanks ladies. Feeling shit, but one positive is that my cycle has been 29 days this month! Hope you're all ok xx
@2fingers22018 hope you'll ovulate soon 🤞🏼 xx

squirrelnutkins1 Sun 26-May-19 23:23:50

Hi all. I'm doing ok thanks. Well mostly, I had a bit of a break down today, had some tears ☹️ so feeling a little fragile but I'll be ok. I'm in the tww now so we'll see what happens 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Trying to catch up with everyone....

Thanks hun. Sorry af has come 💐 @VenusStarr so glad you've got a hol to look forward to 🎉

@Mrsmch123 sorry about your appointment. Very frustrating.

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF how did it go with your friends? I'm the same, find it soooo hard to open up to people.

@CloudSway sorry you're feeling 50/50. Glad they've given some pointers about lifestyle so here's hoping little changes can make a big difference. Glad they are being so thorough x Yes booked a little break in a fortnight so looking forward to that. It's been an awful year so really need it!

@Kelly199 sorry af is here ☹️ hugs and love xxx

@2fingers22018 doing ok thanks ❤️. Hugs. How are you?

@veeboo nice to have some spontaneity!

Sorry if I've missed anyone xxx

veeboo Mon 27-May-19 05:41:11

@squirrelnutkins1 good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling better soon. It's such a tricky time. I'm in the tww now too. Good news about your holiday. You deserve a break.
@kelly199 good news about 29 days. Hopefully that means fertile window will become easier to predict. It must be hard to stay motivated but you're doing all that you can.
Take care lovelies xxx

Kelly199 Mon 27-May-19 08:46:53

@squirrelnutkins1 sending hugs ❤️ it's ok to cry. You've been/are going through a lot.
What cd are you and what dpo? Have my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼xxx

@veeboo hopefully! Yes, it is so hard! Thank you.
Hope you're ok? What cd and dpo are you? Good luck to you too. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 xxx

Hope everyone is ok and has a good day!

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 27-May-19 09:21:09

Just feels like a real set back as I've done well for the last couple of weeks..... but I know that's a silly thing to say and I need to cut myself some slack really! @Kelly199 @veeboo I'm cd26 xx

Happy bank hol everyone xx

Kelly199 Mon 27-May-19 12:11:02

@squirrelnutkins1 I know what you mean, but we can't hold it in and be strong all the time. Sending love.
Good luck for this month 🤞🏼🤞🏼 xx

GreyC Mon 27-May-19 15:46:16

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying their bank holiday. DP is at work doing overtime so obviously I’m torturing myself with infertility success YouTube videos...

We have been looking to move house but still unsure to do it; will we have to move hospitals if we move out of area?
Getting impatient for my baseline scan st the hospital not which is a week today - want to get going abit now!

Kelly199 Mon 27-May-19 16:03:17

@GreyC I guilty for that too!
Sending hugs, hope you're ok ❤️

I'm not too sure actually, possibly? Unless because you're already receiving treatment from that particular hospital, then no? Perhaps give them a call just to check?
Waiting is so so horrible! Hope the week will go fast for you (silly to say, I know, as nothing does when you're waiting!!) xx

2fingers22018 Tue 28-May-19 11:58:25

Morning ladies @squirrelnutkins1 hows the tww going @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope ur doin k hows everyone else gettin on?💗

squirrelnutkins1 Tue 28-May-19 12:37:56

Hiya @2fingers22018 It's going ok. Not holding out any hope tbh and I feel like just giving up but we'll see 🙏🏻
How are you?

Everyone else ok? xx

Kelly199 Tue 28-May-19 12:42:40

Morning @2fingers22018 I'm ok thank you. CD2 of clomid!
How are you doing? Have you ovulated yet?❤️

@squirrelnutkins1 Got my fingers crossed for you!! Really hope you'll have good news at end of tww!! It is hard to keep going and stay positive, but hopefully this will be your month! Sending hugs xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF. How are you doing? Xx

Hope everyone else is ok xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 28-May-19 12:53:55

Afternoon all! @2fingers22018, @kelly199 thanks for asking I’m feeling much better now my cold is nearly gone! I didn’t bother taking the tabs and af has now been so dang up this am and booked my next scan for Friday so hopefully I can get on with the next stage! How are you both did you have a nice weekend? Sorry af got you *@kelly199*!
@squirrelnutkins don’t give up all we have is hope to get us through these times

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx

Kelly199 Tue 28-May-19 13:23:52

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad you're feeling better.
Great news!! Fingers crossed for you! Hope the scan goes well Friday 🤞🏼🤞🏼 xxx

2fingers22018 Tue 28-May-19 17:47:27

@squirrelnutkins1 i know im the same now but ur still in with a chance fx for u! @Kelly199 nope no +opk yet but im gettin lots ewcm so it should b soon hopefully at least ur being proactive with ur clomid but i know its frustrating @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF bet u cant wait for nxt fri to get on with it. I got my IVF letter this morning they said about chlymdia testing and stuff im wondering if i could that all sorted at the doctors or sexual health clinic to speed up the process hmmm

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 28-May-19 18:23:39

@2fingers22018 thanks well
I have my fingers crossed that I can am hoping my lining is super thin so I can crack on! How exciting for you I guess now something is happening your feeling a bit better about things? I don’t see why you can’t maybe ring ask them if you can! Xx

Kelly199 Tue 28-May-19 18:30:44

@2fingers22018 fingers crossed it'll be soon then!! Sounds like 🤞🏼
I'd definitely look into getting the tests done at the GP as you'll already have them done then. Just check though with timings as they may need one that's very up-to-date, so you don't want to have them done to discover they needed a more recent one xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 28-May-19 18:47:02

Sorry @kelly199 I missed your post thankyou ❤️

2fingers22018 Tue 28-May-19 19:16:56

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF im happy we ve now got a date to work towards but kind of stressed that its becoming real now. I thought we d be talking through our plan and showing me how to do injections but the letter says its for swabs and blood tests. Ive got the docs nxt wk might try and get a docs appt for this wk tho and ask about them doin the bloods. Then i could fone the hospital and let them know that parts dealt with like i said fx it speeds it up a bit. Hope your scan goes gd no more delays for us both lol @Kelly199 my appts the beginning of july so it should still cover me for the IVF hopefully if they even do it lol how are you anyway any side effects this time around💗

GreyC Tue 28-May-19 21:31:56

Everyone is moving forward which is really positive!
For some reason I still haven’t got a positive opk (I new the last few months were too good to be true!) although getting pains and TMI getting more CM. Was quite painful when I was at my gym class tonight! So we will see if I get a positive one later this month!
Which is frustrating as need to book my day 2 FSH blood test in 🙈 and it might fall on a Bloody Sunday

Kelly199 Tue 28-May-19 22:47:00

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF no problem ❤️
@2fingers22018 definitely worth a try to speed things up whilst you wait!! Fingers crossed it'll be ok, I'm sure it will be! 🤞🏼🙏🏼
Really upset stomach actually, but don't know if it's just coincidental! Pain left ovary area too, but have had that for few days. I'll be finishing them again Friday, so not long left anyway! Also started NAC and inositol today as I've heard it helps with pcos, so maybe that's triggered the upset!
Good luck when you phone. Are you going to tomorrow? Xx
@GreyC sorry no +opk yet. Hopefully that's a sign it won't be long then? Like you said, maybe just later in the month 🤞🏼 aww no!! Not so good!! Typical isn't it! Hopefully the timings will work out for you xx

squirrelnutkins1 Wed 29-May-19 09:07:20

Morning all. Hope you have a good hump day!

My OH is really struggling after the MC. I think he was trying to keep strong for me but it's all hit him hard this week 💔☹️ How are everyone else's OHs?

You're all right, I do need to keep positive and yep, hope is all we have!

@Kelly199 sorry you're struggling a bit this month with the clomide. Do you normally get ovulation pain?

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF all the best for Friday 😊

@2fingers22018 I had my chlamydia swab done at the gp amongst the battery of tests before we were referred to the fertility clinic. Worth asking 👍🏻

@GreyC hopefully ovulation is on its way. When you said about pain, do you get some ovary type pain when you exercise? I get it sometimes and I've not heard anyone else say it before.

@VenusStarr @veeboo hope you guys are ok xxx

Kelly199 Wed 29-May-19 09:33:41

@squirrelnutkins1 I can't imagine what you're both going through. It's such a horrible thing to have to deal with. Think men do tend to try and hold things in and keep strong, but they're bound to break at some point as it's a lot for an individual to deal with. Sending you both love and hugs ❤️
My dp at the moment is just nervous waiting I think, hoping we have some good news. Does talk about it, so I know things play on his mind, bless.
Yes, I suppose hope is all we have and we do need to try and stay positive, but you're also bound to have rubbish days too.
Sometimes, also this is quite early on again now so don't think it be that. It seems to have eased off today now. Xx

GreyC Wed 29-May-19 10:39:15

@squirrelnutkins1 yes when I exercise I get it like period/ovulation pains. Very strange!
I’m away now and didn’t manage to DTD which is typical because of DP working nights this week 🙄 maybe il be in look tomorrow

2fingers22018 Wed 29-May-19 13:21:18

@GreyC i dnt get why labs etc shut at the weekend i know ppl need a day off but surely they could do what retail do and take it in turns to work wkends its a pain when ur trying to time tests, im getting ovulation pains atm aswell maybe we ll end up in the tww together 😊 @Kelly199 oh no does your chlomide still work if you have an upset stomach? Dnt mean to worry u but some pills dnt absorb the same if that happens fx u feel better soon hun. Im going to fone the docs on fri thats my day off work so i could take any appt that day @squirrelnutkins1 sorry ur OH is still feeling down itl take time to get over or accept even dnt suppose you ever get over a loss like that. The temptation is to just try and block it out and keep trying but take care of yourselves. Its soo unfairhugs its a balancing act all this staying positive malarky i know we all need to but if ur OH is having an off day id say to him its k to feel down its only natural💕

Kelly199 Wed 29-May-19 15:24:30

@2fingers22018 Completely forget you'd replied. Saw it and was busy, then forgot!
I thought that too! I said to my dp, but he said no it shouldn't do. I don't know how long it would take to be ok. It was about 2 hours after I took the clomid. Hopefully it'll be ok!!
Hopefully it'll all work out for you 🤞🏼 xx

2fingers22018 Wed 29-May-19 17:49:21

@Kelly199 thats alrite lol i just check in and out quickly all day on here so i forget to reply ALL the time haha fx ul b alrite x

veeboo Wed 29-May-19 18:19:31

Hi all. Glad things are moving forward @2fingers22018. Good luck for Friday @finallytakingtheplunge how are you feeling?
@greyC any sign of O? Sorry it's being a pain this month. What's next for you now?
How are you feeling @kelly199?

@squirrelnutkins1 I am sorry you and your DH are finding it tough this week. I've not been through the same but I have experienced grief. It isnt linear. As much as we want it to just go away it's full of ups and downs you need to go through. Don't see feeling low as going backwards, try to let yourself feel that way and try and move through it.

I'm having cramps today, all afternoon. It's right on time for me, I always get them exactly a week before AF and they feel just the same. So I feel a bit fed up. I spent some time with a friend yesterday who is having private treatment and she told me about some of the nutrition info shes been given so I may give that a go next month. Oh and then yesterday i had a meeting with a woman I'd not seen for a while and she said "oh are you expecting?" And pointed at my stomach. I was mortified so that's motivation to look at my diet!!

Kelly199 Wed 29-May-19 19:24:28

@2fingers22018 I'm glad I'm not the only one lol! Thank you xx
@veeboo I'm ok thank you 😘 sorry about the cramping. Fingers crossed af won't show up! Sending hugs.
Oh god, some people say totally the wrong thing!! I've been on a strict diet this month too to try and help. Hoping this will be our month, but I'm not holding out any hope xx

2fingers22018 Wed 29-May-19 19:32:24

@veeboo sorry bout the cramps fx af doesnt rear her ugly head. I dont understand some ppl why would u ask somebody that even if u thought it ud wait until u were 100%sure! Did she look embaressed when u said no? @Kelly199 im back on my diet aswell girls it does give you something else to obsess over dunno if thats a gd thing or not lol

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 29-May-19 19:38:42

@squirrelnutkins thanks jist wAnt it to hurry up!!
I’m sorry your oh is struggling it must be so hard for you both o guess you just need to keep talking and supporting each other as best you can!!
@veeboo I’m ok feeling a bit fed up today I’ve beem injecting for 3 weeks nearly and I’m just having one of those days where I’d like a day off from it! I know once o get to Friday and fx I can start the next part I’ll be over it but it’s just dragging g because of the slight set back! DH is now full of cold I’m trying to study for an exam as well think it’s jist a moment of in doing to much at once aswell as working full time! Anyway rant over need to pull my self together!
Sorry you got cramps fx af doesn’t show up for you!
@2Fingers22018 fx you get an appointment on Friday!
@kelly199 I think you should be ok if it was 2hours after!

veeboo Wed 29-May-19 19:43:45

@2fingers22018 she apologised for being rude but she obviously doesn't know I'm ttc. I was obviously flustered but just carried on with the meeting and changed the topic. I was really upset. It took a lot not to say actually i'd really like to be.

@finallytakingtheplunge it's a challenging time. I hope Friday goes well!! Xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 29-May-19 20:22:36

@veeboo sorry I meant to say I hope she didn’t upset you to much sometime people just don’t think do they!

Sorry for sounding ungrateful I am very grateful we can do this just needed a moan!

veeboo Wed 29-May-19 21:08:50

You dont sound ungrateful @finallytakingtheplunge. It's stressful and that's what we are hear for!!

VenusStarr Wed 29-May-19 22:01:50

Sorry I haven't been on properly and haven't caught up. Dh is poorly and has been in hospital since Monday 😔 no closer to knowing what the issue is. At first they thought gall stones / needing his gall bladder out, then thought ulcer now they're on inflammation of the bowel. He's not able to keep anything down and morphine isn't helping manage the pain. Feeling really helpless. Am exhausted. These last few months have been really awful 😔

I hope everyone is OK. I'll be back soon xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 30-May-19 07:27:44

Thanks veeboo!!

@venusStar sorry to hear that your oh I’d I’ll!! I hope you find out the issue soon!! Big hugs to you!! Xx

veeboo Thu 30-May-19 07:43:31

Oh @VenusStarr how are you managing? Are you home alone? I hope you get answers soon and that you have friends and family nearby. Look after yourself xx

Kelly199 Thu 30-May-19 08:30:53

@2fingers22018 makes you feel better doesn't it? I'm glad I'm cutting out the crap because I just feel so much better and healthier and hopefully it will make a difference 🤞🏼 how are you this morning? Xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF I think so too! Hopefully! 🤞🏼
Sorry you're feeling rubbish lately. Not surprised it's taken it out of you. A lot for you to deal with. Sending hugs and really hope tomorrow goes well for you xx

@veeboo hope you're feeling ok after those stupid comments!! Don't know why people feel the need unless they've been told/know for sure! Xx

@VenusStarr so sorry about your dh! Must be awful for you! Really hope they get to the bottom of what it is. Hope he'll get better soon. Sending love ❤️ x x

@squirrelnutkins1 how are you doing? Xxx

Kelly199 Thu 30-May-19 08:31:21

Hope everyone else is ok that I haven't tagged 😊 xx

GreyC Thu 30-May-19 08:47:39

So had DP third SA back and he has low Sperm count 5mill and low motility! I don’t understand is why the first two were ok and this not picked up on? Any tips to try improve this naturally?! He is obviously gutted as its up and down and not sure why 6 months ago this wasn’t noticed

GreyC Thu 30-May-19 08:54:35

Just looked at his previous tests and they were all above the 15mil marker.. think I’m going to suggest it’s done again as so strange in December his was 22mill and now 5mill

Kelly199 Thu 30-May-19 09:29:09

@GreyC sorry about the bad news. It is strange? Has he been run down lately and maybe that's had an effect? Is he taking any vitamins for men conception? Xx

2fingers22018 Thu 30-May-19 11:28:37

@veeboo yh i know she prob felt bad after but i wish ppl would think id never ask someone that unless they were heavily pregnant @FinallytakingtheplungeeithIVF u dnt sound the slightest bit ungrateful i think you ve soldiered on with everything and barely complained x @VeunsStar you must be soo stressed i hope ur doin k thinkin of you and your OH thats scarey to go through hun stay strong fx they get to the bottom of it soon as

2fingers22018 Thu 30-May-19 11:32:37

@Kelly199 i do feel better for it but its testin my will power today someone in work brought in sum yummy cakes i want 1lol hows ur stomach today? @GreyC that seems odd to me too id ask them to retest it very frustrating

Kelly199 Thu 30-May-19 12:52:28

@2fingers22018 it is hard to avoid temptation. Just have one, I would. One every now and then won't harm I say lol. I'm trying to be very strict, but I will have the odd treat here and there xx

GreyC Thu 30-May-19 13:11:08

@2fingers & @kelly199
It is really strange; he has very recently started taking the wellman conception ones.
It does make sense if that’s why we’re struggling especially if his sperm is all over the place. The only thing he thought of it was really hot the day he did his sample!
Im going to speak to them on Wednesday when I have my appointment

CloudSway Thu 30-May-19 13:15:22

@venusstarr I'm so sorry, what a crappy time of it you've had recently ❤ how is he doing? I know it must feel a bit overwhelming but you can get through this, and remember if people offer to help then they mean it, if you're struggling let your family and friends help (they will feel better for it and so will you in my experience!). Hope everything settles down soon lovely xx

@greyC the sa sounds odd, how far apart were the tests? My clinic are super into finding out more about mf, but they said atm there just inst any info on when or why sperm is produced except it happens at some point within 3 months. Diet, stress, heat, exercise all massively effect production so even if I don't know, he's had a bath every night when he doesn't normally that could have knocked his production, doesn't mean it can't go back again, maybe get a repeat in a few weeks?

@veeboo how rude of that woman, and how mortifying. Its slipped out before when someone's asked if I was pregnant, I said 'I wish', (followed by awkward convo). Ive not been given any specific recommendations on diet but want to support DHs diet and lifestyle change for 3 months, any hot tips/key foods or vitamins they recommend?

Not that we are even thinking about it at the mo, as currently literally eating my way through NYC. No really, we're doing a food tour today and ate like 3 lunches yesterday 🤣😁

veeboo Thu 30-May-19 13:15:56

Hi @GreyC I have heard that it can vary...helpful if you want to improve it but frustrating if it's gone the other way. I am sure they will have seen this before and can give you some advice.

GreyC Thu 30-May-19 13:17:54

Thanks guys; il wait untill Wednesday now; and ask for another one to be done. They seem pretty proactive so let’s hope so!

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 30-May-19 13:37:32

Big hugs xxx @VenusStarr

Sorry someone said that to you @veeboo I've had it said before, I was standing in a very unflattering way, bad posture and stripy top so I can see why she asked but I was so upset I went and had macdonald's! Then I got food guilt so went to the gym, felt sad again so had Chinese 🙈
I do feel blips are going backwards but I guess it will keep happening so I need to get some perspective.

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF for sure, gotta look after each other!! Let us know how you go tomorrow.

@GreyC Weird isn't it. Sometimes I get an awful pain in my ovary when I cough too!?
Sorry about those results. They don't seem to add up do they. Makes me wonder if they got mixed up with someone else's 😐

@Kelly199 I'm ok thanks 👍🏻 how are you doing?

@2fingers22018 thanks hun ❤️

I've had a phone call today to offer me a cancellation slot back end of next week for occy health assessment so that's good 👍🏻

veeboo Thu 30-May-19 14:34:17

Oh @squirrelnutkins1 I can definitely empathise with the emotional eating! It's not going backwards. You've had such a tough time. Xx

2fingers22018 Thu 30-May-19 15:49:49

@squirrelnutkins1 great news fx they can help you through this..your in the tww arent you? X

2fingers22018 Thu 30-May-19 18:59:09

Im having a total downer today im soo fed up of waitin and gettin nowhere been cryin on n off all day. Ran out of ideas to keep my mind busy. Lookin at hols for me n my OH even thats not cheerin me up uuugghh. I think our problem is time 4yrs of ttc would drive anyone insane!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 30-May-19 20:19:35

@kelly199 thanks! X
@greyC what the others have said has he been unwell or not been healthy like a big out not long before sa as these can really affect it!
@cloudsway nice to see you smile
@squirrelnutkins I will let you all know! Glad you have an appointment!!
@2fingers22018 sorry your down but don’t forget your ring the docs tomorrow and you have your hospital appointment things are moving! I know it’s hard when you been waiting so long but you’ll get there xx

I think I’ve hit a wall aswell I’m so down this evening and I don’t know why! I’m so tired and I think the meds are making me put weight on so everything tight I just feel urgh! This part seems to be taking so long it has drained me emotionally so much more then stimms I think!

2fingers22018 Thu 30-May-19 21:49:56

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF i know im going to fone docs in the morning im totally EXHAUSTED sorry ur depressed aswell its soo hard x

veeboo Fri 31-May-19 06:13:47

Sorry some of you are struggling this week ladies. @finallytakingtheplungewithivf I have my fingers crossed for your scan today.
@2fingers22018 I am sorry you're feeling blue. It's understandable after such a long time. Do you think you could ask the clinic for some counselling?
Hope everyone else is okay and all our partners! I am off on a hen do later so going to get my hair done shortly. Is anyone else in the tww? AF due weds/thurs for me and after the heartbreak of last month I'm not testing. I've still got cramps. I've written a shopping list using the nutrition info my friend gave me and I'm going to focus on that for next month.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »