Talk

Advanced search

Current IVF waiting list

(4 Posts)
Holly19 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:17:46

Hi ladies,
Any guidance would be great.
Have had bloods and tubes flushed due to pelvic pain last year. Due to husbands chemo (just about to finish) have been referred to hospital to discuss how to use his frozen sperm. No PCOS, no sperm issues, no issues falling pregnant prior to chemo but have had three miscarriages. Providing they agree all testing is complete and we meet the criteria, any idea how long the actual current wait time is to commence?

sandytoes84 Tue 30-Apr-19 15:07:51

It really depends on which CCG you fall under (Wales for example has a mandatory 12 month wait from referral to ivf) and how busy the clinic you’re referred to is. I think average, assuming your ccg don’t impose a wait is about 18 weeks. Sorry I can’t give you a better answer, might be a good idea to call the clinic you would be referred to.

LennyFitz Fri 03-May-19 22:48:11

@Holly19 Yeah I'd back up the suggestion to try contacting the clinic(s) you'd be referred to - they'd be able to give you the best estimate. It can vary wildly. As another example, my referral to UCLH was estimated at 6-8 weeks but ended up being about 11 (and I think the delay was partly due to a f*ck up in my referral process). However Homerton, which was another possibility before I switched GP, was estimating 10-11 months!

mouse1234567 Sat 04-May-19 11:05:28

Hi OP I back up what @LennyFitz says I’m also with UCLh which once you get through the door which does take 2-3 months the waiting list is amazingly short . But friends at the homerton have waiting a year to start. It is such pot luck -all very u fair really but totally depends on your ccg. I would say prepare yourself for the worst -it doesn’t seem uncommon to have to wait a year in NHS for ivf. Good luck -hopefully you will have shorter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »