Talk

Advanced search

Drug protocols for FETs-injections-would you travel?

(3 Posts)
mouse1234567 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:57:38

Hi all,
I have my first FET coming up in a few months and I’m trying to plan a long weekend away in Europe (I’m a teacher so cannot be very flexible with dates). I do not know my drug protocol yet but do know The time I’m planning on going away would be at the beginning of my transfer cycle maybe days 4-8 ish. My consultant talked about HRT patches and I think I heard buserelin mentioned. I’m thinking it might well involve injections-has anyone travelled on a plane with these? How was it?

Any thoughts or experiences would be very much appreciated. I just want a few days away before it all begins. Thanks everyone.

LillyLeaf Mon 29-Apr-19 19:06:17

What is great about an FET is they can work around holidays etc. They can down reg you for a bit longer or not start progesterone until the dates work out. I was worried about starting this cycle because I had a work trip booked, the clinic just said to tell them when my period comes and they'll tell me what to do regarding the meds to work around my trip. Just explain to your clinic the situation and I'm sure it will be fine.

Teddybear45 Mon 29-Apr-19 19:36:59

FET don’t tend to involve drugs that need refridgeration which is great. Suggest when you travel that you take a letter from the consultant with you stating what meds you need, to help with airlines; as injections tend to cause a few issues.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »