Talk

Advanced search

How to Cope with mil comments?

(7 Posts)
Rspu1384 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:54:04

I’m so sick of my mother in law and her vile comments!.
I’ve took her comments for years about me and my oh not having a child and now it’s got a point where I just want to tell her to fuckoff. Me and oh been trying for years and have mfi issues, none of his family know about it we just brush off the comments and questions.
His family don’t know because their horrible. That’s the reason he won’t tell his mom is because she’s horrible. My mom knows an is lovely, supportive and listens to me every tome I’m upset. His mom pokes fun and makes comments about ya being baron and not giving us any grand children. Her other son has had a child recently and she only now wants to know them. Social media she never comments or liked me and ohs posts only her other son and his gf because it’s of her grandchild. Tbh I don’t know why it bothers me she’s an absolute bitch who I can’t stand but I find it odd she’s only interested solely on her grandchild. How do I let it go and just stop letting it bother me?

Aquamarine1029 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:55:21

Go no contact for starters. Why haven't you? Why bother even dealing with her at all?

Rspu1384 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:55:25

Forgot to add she also only invites them for dinner every week, she has 5 sons and only invites the one with children. Is it just me who finds this weird?

Rspu1384 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:55:52

I have the past year I’ve stopped going around at all and she’s asked my dh why.

RestingBitchFaced Mon 29-Apr-19 17:55:58

Tell her to fuck off, what have you got to lose?

Aquamarine1029 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:57:18

Why isn't your husband telling her to fuck off? That's the real question. Is he afraid of mummy?

Rspu1384 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:02:59

No my husband is a quiet man. Think being brought up around him it doesn’t bother him so much, they like to think it’s just “banter” but they over step the mark and joke about things that shouldn’t be joked anout. He know sees his family are vile and has also stopped going round so much. We can’t say anything as mil doesn’t know our issues.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »