Talk

Advanced search

What questions do you wish you'd asked?

(4 Posts)
ivf2019 Wed 24-Apr-19 14:10:16

Hopefully starting IVF+PGD at Guy's later this year and have our second appointment tomorrow, but it's the first one at the Assisted Conception Unit (previous one was with Genetics).

I've got a list of questions for them including things like:
* Can I have some of the scans at our local hospital (we live ~200 miles away from Guy's)?
* What drug regime will I be on for my first cycle and how is my age (relatively young) and AMH (currently unknown) calculated into this?
* What do they recommend in terms of supplements (other than the obvious FA & Vit D) ahead of egg collection?
* General questions about timescales and approximate chances of success

Could I pick the brains of those of you who've done this before (with or without PGD) whether there anything you wish you'd asked your clinic?
Or anything you found out later that you wish you'd known earlier?

I've read How to Get A Life and done a lot of research on the actual process of PGD, but finding the prospect of going through it quite overwhelming and afraid that I'll come away tomorrow feeling like I've forgotten something.

Any advice on what to ask would be exceptionally gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Bumbers Sat 27-Apr-19 12:27:46

Hi ivf2019. I have had one appointment for pgd at guys, but we are (very unsuccessfully) trying naturally for a bit longer before taking the plunge. I asked some questions last year on an old thread where some ladies are going through Pgd at guys...

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/infertility/3129775-PGD-treatment

I obviously dont have the answers, but maybe something there might help and/or you could try posting there and see I'd any updates from those ladies.

If you want to talk at all feel free to PM me. Good luck.

ivf2019 Thu 02-May-19 11:00:31

Hi @Bumbers so sorry for my late reply and thank you very much for responding!

The thread you've linked is really helpful, thank you. Fortunately the appointment seemed fairly positive and we got answers to all the questions we'd thought of, so that was good.

I hope things work out for you naturally or with PGD very soon xx

Bumbers Sun 05-May-19 17:53:23

Thanks ivf2019. I hope all goes really well for you as well. Fingers (and toes) crossed!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »