Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriages after IVF

(2 Posts)
ginandtonicformeplease Fri 19-Apr-19 12:02:15

I'm currently recovering from my second miscarriage. We had to have IVF because of MFI, so stupidly we thought that once we got the BFP everything would be straight forward. The consultant said that the first MMC was probably bad luck, one of those things, and to try again.

After a BFN, we got another BFP - yet again, a MMC at almost exactly the same point (9 weeks). I just don't know where we go next. The consultant is talking about genetic testing, but there's no way we can afford to defrost our frosties and have PGS screening on them so is there any point in having the testing? We've had to self-fund everything and we're running out of money.

We paid for NK cells testing before this last BFP and I had intralipids infusions. I was also on steroids, clexane, vitamin D supplements, high dose folic acid, progesterone. I'm not sure what else we can do.

I don't even know what I'm really asking: just if anyone was in the same situation and what way forward they found?

ginandtonicformeplease Thu 25-Apr-19 11:08:52

Just bumping to ask if anyone has been to the miscarriage clinic at the Portland?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »