Talk

Advanced search

Metformin/Ashermans Syndrome?

(2 Posts)
bonnie94 Wed 27-Mar-19 15:30:35

Hello,
I’m new here and was just wondering if I could get some advice or chat with someone who may have been through a similar experience.
After coming off the pill I conceived before even having a period, after scans every 2 weeks due to the concerning appearance of my endometrium I lost the baby at 10 weeks (baby was 8.3). I was absolutely devistated and underwent a ERPC in September. After recovering we have been TTC since but have had no luck. I’ve had 3 periods since the procedure and they have been very light, I have brown blood 5 days before they start and the very light bleeding lasts for about 10 days (two days in middle of slightly heavier) before returning to brown and eventually ending. I have been on 1500g Metformin for PCOS (gradually increased from 500) prescribed by the Dr for 4 weeks now and I’m currently on the 10th day of light bleeding. I experienced no cramps with this period except mild ones on day 7/8. I’m very concerned about Ashermans Syndrome as the periods have been long and very light (none on pad, only when I wipe). Sorry for the long post but really hope someone can help as I’ve been getting very down and worried about things! Thanks for reading smile

bonnie94 Wed 27-Mar-19 15:41:40

After re reading my post I feel the way I worded it sounds awfully insensitive to those who have been trying a lot longer than me, I didn't mean it that way at all and just wanted to clear that up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »