Talk

Advanced search

Clomid

(9 Posts)
Kelly199 Tue 19-Mar-19 10:14:49

Starting clomid next week. Trying to gain a bit of knowledge for the scans so at least I have some clue of what they're talking about!
When I have scans, how big do the follicles need to be?
What are your experiences with how many etc.
Thanks in advance.

Kelly199 Tue 19-Mar-19 14:56:04

?

starfishy Thu 21-Mar-19 11:57:02

I didn't get offered any scans with clomid, was only going to have a blood test on the 2nd cycle to check ovulation but happily got pregnant on the first round so didn't get that far!
Sorry it's not that helpful regarding than scans but didn't want to read and ignore your post.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! X

Kelly199 Thu 21-Mar-19 12:10:04

@starfishy thanks for your reply.
Congratulations!!! Hope everything is going well! How far gone are you at the moment?
How did you find clomid? Did you have an underlying problem? (If you don't mind me asking).
Trying to find success stories as I have PCOS. I have heard people have had success with clomid with PCOS so keeping fingers crossed!
That's so kind, thank you.

Kelly199 Thu 21-Mar-19 12:10:25

Xx

starfishy Thu 21-Mar-19 13:34:04

Thank you! I'm 28 weeks now 
I found clomid ok, I was on the low dose (think 50mg??) and just had a few headaches but nothing terrible.
I had very irregular cycles between 30 and 45 days, mostly over 35 days and blood tests showed I didn't seem to be ovulating every month. We'd been ttc for 2 years. Never had an official diagnosis as to why I wasn't ovulating but the consultant said to try clomid for 6 months to help ovulation. Nothing showed up on ultrasounds. DH had SA and results were fine.
I didn't have too much hope tbh as I also have endometriosis (diagnosed almost 10 years ago) but it still worked despite that!!
I remember how hard it is but try to stay positive. Lots of success stories out there for pcos and clomid. Oh and dtd lots! We did every other day and then every day for 3 days once got a positive opk.
Good luck ! Xx

Kelly199 Thu 21-Mar-19 14:34:04

Congratulations! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy for the rest of the way!
50mg is what I have too.
That's giving me more hope that you've conceived with the odds against you!
Thank you, I am trying to stay positive.
🤞🏼🤞🏼
That's what I was thinking of doing. When did you start dtd from? As soon as you've finished tablets? Xx

starfishy Mon 25-Mar-19 12:09:24

Thank you!
I took the tablets cd 2-6 and then we dtd cd 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18.
Positive opk was on cd 15 so thinking I ovulated cd 16 or 17 so then dtd once more on day 18!
Roughly followed SMEP.
I really hope clomid works for you too smile xx

Kelly199 Mon 25-Mar-19 12:17:47

Thanks @starfishy !! Fingers crossed it'll work. I'm waiting for my af. Due today, but hadn't made an appearance as of yet! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »