Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage after IVF

(3 Posts)
Pupo Fri 15-Mar-19 16:31:50

Hello ladies,

I was wondering how many ladies has had a miscarriage after IVF?

I have been through laparoscopy last year to get rid of Stage 3 endometriosis. We were trying for a few more months but nothing was happening and had our first IVF in feb. Had really good results, one life embryo and additional 2 to freeze. On sunday I got BFP but I am still a bit anxious to get to week 12 safely. I do not feel any different, just eat a bit more than usual but I have had this since egg collection. It my be the progesterone pessaries?!

Please share you experience....

Jenbot78 Fri 15-Mar-19 19:55:34

Hi, congrats on your BFP, sounds like you are having a very anxious time. As someone who is going through her second IVF pregnancy, I would recommend to stay away from miscarriage stories. They will only make you feel much much worse, and totally miserable. There is another thread on this board called ‘pregnancy after IVF and recurrent miscarriage.’ There are lots of us all feeling nervous in pregnancy! You may find it useful.

Runner31 Sat 16-Mar-19 19:01:35

I had a miscarriage in October after my first round of IVF. I've learnt that no matter what you read and what advice you get absolutely every one is different. My clinic told me to keep thinking that the fact that I had got pregnant was a good sign and miscarriages happen in ivf and non ivf pregnancies and unfortunately there was no reason to think it would happen again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »