Talk

Advanced search

Just started the tests... wondering if anyone has any more info for me

(3 Posts)
Dixywitch19 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:34:55

Sorry if this is muddled.
We've been trying for 14 months. I've just had bloods taken today for testing and wondering if anyone can give me more of an insight into what the tests look for specifically.
Im also waiting for a scan appt to have a look into my uterus etc and wondered what it is specifically they're looking for?

I just want to have as much information as I can gather while we're going through all this.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, just feeling a bit lost.
I'm 26, fiance is 29, we both have a child each from previous relationships so the doctor says it's secondary infertility but it feels a little early to be calling it that.

I don't mean to mumble at all I just have a lot on my mind and not sure how to get it down in words.

Thank you for reading this far flowers

Lauren83 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:41:31

Bloods tests are often FSH, LH, AMH, progesterone, Thyroid, prolactin etc, the scan is to asses the uterine cavity and look for cysts, fibroids, fluid in the tubes, irregularities of the endometrium and an antral follicle count to measure ovarian reserve/asses how you may respond to stimulation during an IVF cycle

Dixywitch19 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:52:48

Thankyou x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »