Talk

Advanced search

Low AMH & high FSH, can I improve this myself? Where do I start?

(13 Posts)
EmmaChristina123 Mon 04-Mar-19 18:32:49

Dear All.. I've recently discovered I have very low AMH 1.2 and high FSH. The news totally shocked me but I'm determined to find a way of dealing with this. But I'm at a total loss, I don't know who to ask for help! After researching online I've discovered you can increase this naturally, is this something I should pursue? If so I don't even know where to start? How do I trust what I read online? Hope some one can help? Xxx

Ilikeviognier Mon 04-Mar-19 21:52:33

How old are you?

Low amh and high fsh means you have low egg supply. It’s impossible to increase the number of eggs you have left.

However, it is possible to improve the quality of your eggs - therefore making it more likely that you ll catch a good one. Things like supplements, diet, acupuncture have all been shown to possibly help with this.

Low amh/high fsh does not mean it’s impossible to conceive naturally by the way- not unless you have other fertility issues on top. It does mean that you won’t produce many eggs during Ivf though.

EmilyPeach Mon 04-Mar-19 22:07:42

Thanks for the answer. But why is there so much talk online about how you can increase AMH and then get pregnant? I've read so many stories about increasing this number and voila it worked. I know it's not straight forward but It's so confusing ?

EmilyPeach Mon 04-Mar-19 22:08:20

I'm 38

Persipan Mon 04-Mar-19 22:52:34

If you've recently discovered this, you've presumably had some sort of fertility investigations done. Were you recommended any treatment options as a result?

Your AMH and FSH are mainly an indication of your likely egg reserve (and how well you'd potentially respond to fertility meds), and of how hard your body has to work to ovulate. Many women do get pregnant having had disappointing results from these tests, so try not to panic!

There are some things you can do to potentially improve your egg quality. Some of those (like ubiquinol) are pretty unobjectionable; others (like DHEA) I would always recommend talking through with a doctor first. But what I'd mainly recommend, assuming you've been trying to get pregnant for some time without success, is engaging with treatment options. I wish I'd done more of that when I was 38!

ViolaD77 Mon 04-Mar-19 23:10:37

Can I suggest www.naturesbest.co.uk/co-q10/co-q10/ubiquinol-100mg/
It has worked wonders for my fertility. I also switched to keto, high fats, no sugar. This helped my AMH, egg quality, egg reserve and FSH

EmilyPeach Tue 05-Mar-19 08:33:14

Thank you for the advice, I've decided to see an acupuncturist and seek diet help. My next step is to look at the CoQ10.

Ilikeviognier Tue 05-Mar-19 17:44:46

Just to repeat- you can’t increase your amh- it’s impossible. That doesn’t mean you can’t improve your egg quality though. That’s probably what people are referring to online. My amh was 2.8- I’ve befn pregnant 3 times and had 2 babies since then. Don’t panic.

Good luck.

ckc45d10 Fri 08-Mar-19 22:29:50

Yes, ditto for CoQ10, and a water and fat-soluble form absorbs better! Good luck!

TeaJenny81 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:35:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hathu88 Thu 30-Apr-20 16:25:41

@llikeviognier may I ask what was the dose of Uniquibol you were taking please?
I had 200mg but my AMH is low (7 - I’m 31) so not sure if I should increase it

Ilikeviognier Thu 30-Apr-20 20:11:33

I’m Sorry I’m afraid I can’t remember. I ordered it online. Holland and Barratt perhaps.

hathu88 Thu 30-Apr-20 21:30:13

@llikeviognier thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »