Would you go on holiday in the 2ww after ET?

(10 Posts)
DotingDaisy Mon 04-Mar-19 16:38:45

Just that, really.

Age is a factor for us, and I don't want to delay things. But as it stands at the moment, cycle would start on 25/04/19, and we have a holiday booked for 25/05/19. I am due to be on the short protocol, so hopefully would travel about a week after ET.

Holiday is to Greece, somewhat relaxing, but there are loads of activities (paddleboarding, swimming, cycling etc) on offer.

We can't cancel the holiday. So either we do the ICSI before we go, or wait another month and start with the end of June cycle.


OP’s posts: |
TheArtfulScreamer1 Mon 04-Mar-19 17:21:54

I'd go it'll hopefully be a good distraction for you and none of the activities you've mentioned should cause any real issues although just check what your clinics take on swimming is as some advise not to have baths / swim for infection risk reasons I think. The only thing I'd not do is drink. I'd also just check the timings as I was a poor responder to stims so ended up having a slightly delayed EC (and then ET) to what was first anticipated. My EC/ET was last June right in the middle of the really warm weather and I'm sure it helped me relax and create a warm environment for my embie to bed in as I'm currently 38 weeks. Good luck.

DotingDaisy Mon 04-Mar-19 19:16:34

The clinic mentioned no baths/swimming for 3 days after ET, but seemed to imply that after that was ok. I don't really drink much anyway so not drinking would be fine. Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

OP’s posts: |
64632K Mon 04-Mar-19 19:55:27

We had our cycle in Greece and pretty much carried on with our holiday after transfer
The reason they say no swimming afterwards is because you are more susceptible to getting infections from public pools.

We went out on a boat coasting around islands and swimming in lagoons, I am now 9+2 weeks. I think as long as you dont go crazy put there you will be ok.

DotingDaisy Tue 05-Mar-19 07:56:56

TheArtfulScreamer how long was your EC/ET delayed for? We would have a week between ET and travel, and of course it relies on my cycle starting on time...

OP’s posts: |
TheArtfulScreamer1 Tue 05-Mar-19 09:31:59

I think I was expected to stim for about 9 days and it ended up being 14 before EC and then ET was 5 days later, with a weeks leeway you'd probably be fine.

Lauren83 Tue 05-Mar-19 09:41:47

I too had a cycle in Greece in Athens and still enjoyed the holiday for a few days before flying home, I just only went in the see up to my knees. It was my 5th cycle and resulted in my DS so I wouldn't hesitate in going away in the 2ww

DotingDaisy Tue 05-Mar-19 16:08:10

We would be going with family and small children who would expect me to be doing activities and swimming etc. Not sure if we would be better to delay things because of that. If we were going to be relaxing and chilling out it would be a bit different, but it's an activity holiday! Nothing high risk, but just not completely chilled!

OP’s posts: |
sarahthewiganer Fri 08-Mar-19 19:11:23

Personally I wouldn't risk it but only because mine was an ectopic. I got bfp on the Friday, flew on Sunday and a week later was in pain and had to go to hospital in cyprus and have a tube removed sad

DotingDaisy Mon 11-Mar-19 13:02:28

I think we have decided not to go for it that cycle. That's twice we have postponed it now...maybe we don't want it as much as we thought we did...confused

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in