Talk

Advanced search

I'm new here + first appointment IVF

(2 Posts)
Claudie86 Fri 01-Mar-19 15:12:26

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting on here 😊 I used to live in London but have since moved abroad about 2 years ago.

I'm 33 years old and my hb and w have been ttc for almost 3 years now. In 2018 we've tried 3 times to do IUI, but apparently the medicine works very well on me, leaving me with way too many follicles and thus unable to do a safe IUI treatment.

After waiting almost 3 months, this week we finally had an appointment at the hospital, where we were advised to start IVF treatment. I'm currently waiting to have my period (due in a week or 2), so they can do some more ultrasounds and blood work. Then early April my hb and I have an appointment at the hospital with a biologist or embryologist, and we're expecting to start in April or May with the first round of IVF!

The past couple of years have actually been quite difficult. At times I've felt sad, alone and even a bit ashamed from having to go through these issues. I perfectly know that I'm not alone in this and that many people have issues, but knowing is one things and actually accepting and believing it's ok is another thing. All close friends around me have now children or are either expecting, and every time someone tells me the good news my stomach turns. I'm genuinely happy for everyone who tells me their good news, but I can't deny that it does something to a person who also wants to be able to say they are pregnant.

I haven't told my best friends or close family about this journey my hb and I are going through. I've always just said we'd love to have kids and are trying to conceive, but never did I tell them we've sought medical treatment for it. It's probably out of shame and the fear that I (we) will be known as "the couple who's having difficulties". But now that we're going to go start wit IVF I'm done feeling like this and decided it's about time I informed my friends and close family. I feel I need their support, and this is probably also the reason why I'm writing this message here as well; I feel I need someone who will understand what I'm going through.

I'm really excited for the future and cannot wait to share this with you lovely ladies!✨

With love,
Claudie

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 01-Mar-19 16:54:00

Hi @Claudie86

You could come and join us at the below thread which has recently started! We are all at slightly different stages but hopefully helping each other along.

New year, new 'starting the journey' thread

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »