Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone's NK cells not responded to medication?

(3 Posts)
FH14 Sun 24-Feb-19 08:04:47

Brief history, ive had 4 miscarriages in just over a year. Two natural and two MMC; one found at 12 weeks scan to be 6 weeks, and one found at 8 week scan to be 7 weeks. None survive past 7 weeks.

I've had all the NHS test done and everything has come back fine. My husband has children already.

I take vitamins, already have a healthy diet, and regularly go to the gym and I've tried baby aspirin.

In January I saw Dr Shahata as some Mumsnet members had suggested and I got my nk cells results, which are very very high and I also paid for the test where they use different medication to see the rate that it lowers them. They hardly responded which was not the news I was hoping for, but he's said he thinks he should try anyway.

Feeling really disheartened, and just wondered if anyone else's nk cells didn't respond well to medication in a Petri dish but did in their body? Or that medication just didn't work at all?

BottomleyPottsSpots2 Sun 24-Feb-19 12:07:14

Is this peripheral NKs or endometrial ones? If peripheral, which meds were your cells tested with - intralipid, IVIG or both?

FH14 Sun 24-Feb-19 21:05:31

My paperwork doesn't say which one, so I don't know how I know. But my count was 541 and the activation was 1.97. IVIG, prednisolone and intralipids were tested-only intralipids results changed but very slightly, not enough for him to say the treatment will work. Going ahead with it anyway. Just wondered if anyone else had these kind of results?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »