Talk

Advanced search

IVF at Guys St Thomas

(3 Posts)
beeb14 Fri 08-Feb-19 21:23:55

Anyone have IVF at the above hospital.. what was your experience?
Am considering it ..

TheFurryMenace Fri 08-Feb-19 21:43:46

We had IVF through them over 10 years ago, so no current experience. But I thought the service was very good on the whole. My only slight panic that I can remember was getting the drugs delivered on time but it all worked out OK in the end. We will be celebrating my DD's 10th birthday in a few weeks, who wouldn't be there without their help.

Good luck OP flowers

NRW39 Tue 12-Feb-19 14:02:52

@beeb14

I'm with Guys- I've just started (last Friday) my second cycle with them (I had my first with them too in May last year, which sadly ended in a miscarriage).

We're self funded, so there is a little bit of admin that you have to do if you are self funded, which was a bit of a surprise. You have to liaise with the drugs company direct to arrange delivery of your medication. I don't know if this is unique to Guys though. If NHS this is all done for you.

If you are self funded you have to pay for the IVF/ICSI treatment before your prescription is released. After that the drugs company will get in contact with you directly.

You also have to have lots of patience if you wish to speak to someone at the ACU on the phone: you will be on hold for a long while...

Negatives out of the way.

The nurses are fabulous! Friendly, caring. My first experience was made all the better because of them.

Great links to the hospital if you live in London.

If there's anything more specific you want to know, just ask

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: