Talk

Advanced search

FET and blastocyst grading success?

(5 Posts)
CCS83 Mon 04-Feb-19 17:33:11

Hi
So I had to have a freeze all cycle last week due to OHSS - we managed to get 3 blastocysts frozen
2nr - 3BA
1nr - 5BC
Has anyone had BFP success transferring blastos of that quality?
Also did you elect to transfer 2?

Pleaseletitbeme Mon 04-Feb-19 18:11:40

Sorry can’t help but I’m in a similar position.
Can’t have fresh so if mine survives until Wednesday it has to be frozen.
I only have one though.
Hope everything goes well for you.

miamiibiza Mon 04-Feb-19 21:55:39

I'm not sure what nr means, but I had a successful FET with 2x3CB embryos back in 2015.

I'm currently in my 2WW after another FET cycle

Ilikehamsandwiches Tue 05-Feb-19 05:57:20

I’m currently pregnant with a 3AB blast and I’ve got one in the freezer. I’ve read that transferring two can be detrimental. I think you’re eggs sound great! Did you chat with the embryologist?

LIONA1990 Tue 05-Feb-19 22:32:59

We had a fresh transfer using a 3BD if that helps? And we had a success! 9 month old girl! smile

It wasn't a frozen though but we will have an FET this time round.

We have had really good quality time mind this time (all eggs between 5BB - 3AB) but I'm not really supportive of blastocyst gradings after everything I've read.

The embryologist just said to me that the grading is more around the following things:

The number - how far it's developed
The first letter - how far the actual baby cells are developing
The second lether - how the placenta and everything around it is developing.

Having listened spoken to a few and then done some research online it, the correlation between how far an embryo has developed and success rates doesn't seem to make much difference. It appears, the gradings can alter depending on clinics, embryologist etc.

The key thing is that they like to aim for a 3 and above for best chances but everything else seems irrelevant. There's still a lot of research ongoing to look into it.

Many people have had grade 1 blastocysts and it's not worked.

How this is positive! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »