Talk

Advanced search

4th round of Clomid - anyone successful?

(3 Posts)
R199 Mon 04-Feb-19 11:49:43

Just looking for some positivity really. I conceived on metformin (have PCOS) within 3 months when I had my son who just turned 2. I was 36 then. A year ago I asked my GP for metformin again and they refused and also gave me test to say I wasn't PCOS when I know I am! I got pregnant last April and miscarried at 10 weeks so I went to a private gyno who put me on metformin again and Clomid. I've just very sadly started my period and will be going into my 4th round of Clomid. I really thought this time my luck couldn't possibly work against me again. I'll have to go back for IVF if this doesn't work. Anyone successful on here at round 4 or know what the success rates are? Desperately want to conceive withough IVF. I'm 39

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 05-Feb-19 10:16:57

I was successful on the 10th round, so don't give up hope!! I didn't respond at all to rounds 1-4 and then was put on metformin which made clomid work. I miscarried early one of the rounds after that and round 10 was a last ditch attempt before we were going to go onto IVF. I didn't think it would work. My DS is now 13 months! Good luck!

R199 Wed 06-Feb-19 10:05:35

That's encouraging. Thanks for replying. I really hope I catch before IVF. I've got this month I guess so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »