Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone pessaries

(7 Posts)
SadAct Fri 01-Feb-19 07:24:08

Hello!
Just wondering if anyone else is taking these and from when? And how your finding them?

I'm taking them from ovulation and I'm 5dpo and quite honestly feel horrendous!

They mimic pregnancy symptoms for me which is awful as even if I am (doubt it), I wouldn't have even implanted yet I don't think!

orangefolly Fri 01-Feb-19 11:03:43

Hi there, yes I have taken them a lot (2x IVF pregnancies up to 9/10 weeks - took them from a few days before embryo transfer). Definitely felt a bit bloated and grumpy with them, but I think you get used to it. They usually say you can take them either vaginally or rectally - I would definitely advice putting them up your bum. Less irritation, less mess, much better once you get over the thought of it! Good luck with your cycle!

SadAct Fri 01-Feb-19 13:41:53

I might have to try that!

AniSL Fri 01-Feb-19 20:16:22

Hi on Cyclogest x2 one in evening and one in morning daily. I have been ok so far but know some don't fare so well. I use vaginally as that is what my clinic stipulated.

TheGlitterFairy Mon 04-Feb-19 07:27:26

Utrogestan are less “messy” than the usual cyclogest that are prescribed (though more expensive if paying too); but I found them to be a bit easier to manage. They come with an applicator too.

Pleaseletitbeme Mon 04-Feb-19 18:15:48

Literally a pain in the bum lol. I’ve only got to do it until Wednesday as I can’t have a FET.
I’m lucky I haven’t had any side effects or “leaking” from them.

SadAct Mon 04-Feb-19 19:43:20

Thank you! I was reading another thread where people are saying they aren't really worth doing but our nurse said it's up to me if I continue?
I've taken these... I'm impatient and seeing things I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »