Talk

Advanced search

IVF/FET for no.2 after c-section for no.1

(2 Posts)
Blondiecub0109 Mon 28-Jan-19 11:23:34

Hi, excitedly expecting a DS soon, after IVF. However he’s a cheeky monkey and been stuck breech for a long time (doing everything I can like spinning babies, birth ball, planning to scrub floors, seen chiro - and ECV booked for 38 weeks). I’m quite emotional about the thought of c-section, although I 100% acknowledge I have to do the best by the baby that I have now. However I’m keen to avoid a section as we have an embryo in the freezer and want to try for no.2 within a reasonable timeframe. In my understanding, a previous c-section can adversely impact implantation (for a natural conception too, but esp ivf) and moreover you are advised to wait 2years after a section before trying ivf again? The OBGYN today thought the 2 years sounded long/wrong and was more like 6 months ( tbh I was thinking of trying again ~1 year, pending breastfeeding, coping etc). Anyway love to hear either personal anecdotes or if anyone can sign post any research/info into this? Thanks

Lauren83 Mon 28-Jan-19 12:46:07

Where I work it's a year following a CS or 6 months for a VB, I myself had a CS after IVF and my clinic wanted me to wait a year before a FET but I randomly got pregnant when he was 8 months and my obstetrician and midwifes don't seem concerned they said it was fine, my CS was after a failed induction and it was a great experience so opting for a ELCS this time, good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »