Talk

Advanced search

Extremely painful periods after D&C

(3 Posts)
Peanut1980 Sat 19-Jan-19 09:02:03

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has experienced the same as me. I had a D&C in November. I had my first period 6 weeks later. Incredibly painful but only a few droplets of blood. The pain would stop me in my steps. I’ve now started my second period which was 4 weeks so was hoping it would be back to normal but it’s so painful again. When I walk, when I sit, when I wee or do anything. Only day two of my period but seems very little blood again. I’m really worried something isn’t right down there after the D&C. I’m going to go to the drs on Monday but was just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar?

Xxxx

orangefolly Tue 22-Jan-19 18:11:30

Hi @peanut1980 sorry to hear that you went through that. I did find that my first couple of periods after d&c were more painful, but they were also heavier and with clots. But I did habe retained products that were clearing out. I would suggest getting checked out just in case you have something you can't clear. Your hospital where you had the d&c might offer you an ultrasound if you get in touch? At my local hospital I can get in touch directly with the women's diagnostic unit following a miscarriage. Best of luck with it.

Peanut1980 Tue 22-Jan-19 19:24:13

Thanks for taking the time to message me back @orangefolly. I’ll def contact them xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »