Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriages after IVF - how to keep some hope

(4 Posts)
orangefolly Thu 17-Jan-19 16:23:53

I'm currently recovering from my second miscarriage following IVF, at 10 weeks having already seen a heartbeat. The first was last year, also following IVF (at 9 weeks) - I've never got pregnant by myself. I'm feeling really depressed and struggling to find any hope for future cycles.

I have one embryo left which is not good quality (CC) so I'm afraid to even put it back since I miscarried the higher quality ones. This last cycle I took blood thinners, steroids, extra intramuscular injections of progesterone, levothyroxine all to prevent miscarriage, but it still didn't work.

Is anyone else in the same boat? And do you have any tips on keeping positive?

physicskate Thu 17-Jan-19 17:41:00

That's rough. I'm so sorry you've also had that to go through...

Sounds like you've had a single cycle and are using the frozens from that? Might it be an idea to think about pgd/ pgs with a fresh round?

Youve probably already read 'it starts with the egg'? Have you asked if a hysteroscopy might be appropriate for you?

No matter what we do, sometimes these things happen...

orangefolly Fri 18-Jan-19 10:36:31

Thanks @physicskate yes - I think a new egg collection and screening sounds like a good idea. I haven't had a hysteroscopy although I have had both HSG and HyCoSy - is there any additional benefit to hysteroscopy? I have a feeling it's not going to be an issue with my uterus because both times it's been a missed miscarriage and my body has been holding onto the pregnancy, but maybe that's nonsense and it's worth getting it checked. Yes I've got It Starts With the Egg. Ready to try everything at this stage!

Binkyhughes Fri 18-Jan-19 16:39:29

Hi, I had donor egg IVF in the Czech Republic, this was our first FET. I had a 6 week scan in November and all was well with the baby, I went for my 13 week scan on the 7th of January and there was no heartbeat. We were devastated; it had died at 12 weeks. I had the most awful morning sickness and it had eased off so I had a feeling something was wrong but hoped I was feeling better just because I was in the second trimester. I had a D&C on 8 January, I'm still cramping quite badly and bleeding heavily. We have 2 more FET's so I will schedule a transfer once I've spoken to the clinic. I'd really like to hear some stories of success after IVF miscarriage. I have had successful natural pregnancies and never had a miscarriage - anyone know what the likelihood of it happening again is?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »